Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has an established relationship with Wegman's?! As in charging stations deployed at (powered by) Wegman's?! Where?
My local Tesla stores (Tyco Rd and Tysons Corner Mall) say just the opposite, there is a separate group at Tesla responsible for Supercharger deployment and the store folks are nor privy to the plans, often hear from customers instead where a new supercharger has appeared. Go to the website for opened and planned locations. They were not aware for example that a permit was approved by Fairfax county for a supercharger at the mall over a year ago but was never picked up by Tesla. Rumors abound as to why.
Never heard about Wegmans, but the Harrisburg SuperCharger is sponsored by Weis markets. I've heard in the past, Ruby Tuesday restaurants and Hilton hotels having agreements with Tesla to provide chargers (some Super Chargers and some destination chargers) but never it seems at any Hilton hotels I end up staying at. And my wife seems to think every WaWa should have a Super Charger since that is where we usually stop heading down through Delaware to Ocean City, MD.

Tesla has an established relationship with Wegman's?! As in charging stations deployed at (powered by) Wegman's?! Where?
My local Tesla stores (Tyco Rd and Tysons Corner Mall) say just the opposite, there is a separate group at Tesla responsible for Supercharger deployment and the store folks are nor privy to the plans, often hear from customers instead where a new supercharger has appeared. Go to the website for opened and planned locations. They were not aware for example that a permit was approved by Fairfax county for a supercharger at the mall over a year ago but was never picked up by Tesla. Rumors abound as to why.
The guy said that Wegmans sees the value in having Tesla customers charge at their location so it sounds like there were ongoing discussions. He compared it to the situation with Wawa. He seemed pretty frustrated that the KOP Mall didn't see the value and suggested that I leave a comment at their customer service desk.

Reactions: Xenius
Wegman's is not a pro-environment company. I am unaware of any Wegman's with EV chargers.
Not an ideal location but there is a Wawa on Mall boulevard. Turnpike rest stop is a terrible idea. SE PA needs superchargers in the worst way. Limited access toll road does not serve majority of need.

Wegman's is not a pro-environment company. I am unaware of any Wegman's with EV chargers.
Not an ideal location but there is a Wawa on Mall boulevard. Turnpike rest stop is a terrible idea. SE PA needs superchargers in the worst way. Limited access toll road does not serve majority of need.
Huh? Not even close to being true. Wegmans sustainability.

However, Wegmans doesn’t sell pro-environment gasoline, like Wawa.

Last edited:
The real sticking point here is PECO because those morons won't spend cash to upgrade their families infrastructure. If Tesla could just but a plot of land, install a solar farm and megapacks to hold the energy, we'd be golden. That's probably a pipe dream though.

Reactions: vdiv
I generally agree that the sales folks at the Tesla stores are the last ones to know about any new superchargers. There have been many a time where they just parrot back information from here actually.

However, there was an item on the Plymouth township zoning board for the 500 Germantown Pike whole foods. I can't find any minutes of the meeting though so it could be completely unrelated.

Reactions: vdiv
Indeed, the malls and the parking areas have an ample area to deploy solar. Alas, with the Walmart scandal that is now significantly less likely :(
Wrong thread for this, but why would it? First Solar contractors installed the third party solar panels, prior to the acquisition by Tesla. More importantly, the "poorly installed panels and wiring" Walmart claims in the suite was approved by local inspectors before the systems was allowed to be put into service, meaning, it met all local electrical codes at the time of install.

Reactions: gavine
Right, sorry, not the right place, but it touches on the multiple factors determining the location and installation of charging and renewable energy infrastructure, risk, perception, insurance cost, and resulting deployment and maintenance cost. Up until now it was not widely known that a failure mode in the panels could result in a fire, and has in fact resulted in several fires. This will not only affect Tesla installations. Entities considering going solar will now have second thoughts and insurance companies now have data to warrant increasing premiums due to this risk. I see this as a big deal and as a real set-back.

Reactions: gavine
Right, sorry, not the right place, but it touches on the multiple factors determining the location and installation of charging and renewable energy infrastructure, risk, perception, insurance cost, and resulting deployment and maintenance cost. Up until now it was not widely known that a failure mode in the panels could result in a fire, and has in fact resulted in several fires. This will not only affect Tesla installations. Entities considering going solar will now have second thoughts and insurance companies now have data to warrant increasing premiums due to this risk. I see this as a big deal and as a real set-back.

In fairness, shoddy electrical work can cause fires with grid electricity too. This shouldn't be specifically a solar situation, but more of a general electrical work situation. It just so happens that it was solar this time. I agree, it will cause a setback in the eyes of potential solar customers.

Yes. Philadelphia suburbs (in PA anyway) are a complete wasteland. What is the deal exactly?

Historical infrastructure in the Philadelphia region takes much longer to build than other places in the USA; Roosevelt bvld subway planning since 1913, 100+ years for northeast train line, 60 years for I-95, 30 years for the “blue route” beltway, etc...

So still could be a few more years...