Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The number of people that live in expensive apartments around King of Prussia is pretty incredible and they keep building more. When you start adding the number of people that work in the area I think its safe to say that a significant percentage of supercharger use will be from locals and semi-locals.

Reactions: gavine
The Wawa i was referring to is on the corner of 202 and Henderson rd not the other one by the mall. The one by the mall is way to small but the one near Henderson has a big parking lot in the back with easy access to food and bathrooms 24/7. I think the Giant closes at 11 so that means two stops if you have to go.

View attachment 646294
That Wawa is a total nightmare to exit out of though :). If you're going to the mall then need to charge, there's no easy way to U-Turn there either.

Reactions: andguent
I was in the King of Prussia, PA, area today and decided to stop at Chipotle to get lunch. As I was parking my car, a work truck was also parking. As I was getting out of my car, 3 guys exited the work truck and as they walked to Chipotle's door, one guy complimented me on my car. As all Tesla owners do, I got excited and stopped to talk to him.

Turns out that he and his 2 coworkers are beginning the installation process for SIXTEEN v3 SuperChargers in KoP. There've been lots of rumors about where the location would be, but he confirmed for me for sure. They're literally beginning work now, and the SCs will be operational in a few months he said.

Google Maps location - in the shopping center with Giant, CVS, and Wendy's on Henderson Rd right by Rt 202.

It was a really exciting interaction for me, so I wanted to make their day too. So I bought them all lunch!
I know isn't it great!! That location is less then 2 miles from where I live.
BTW, we have a local chapter in the Tesla Owners Club of Pennsylvania; in case you did know. KoP members get free "chill" membership for the 1st year. We're having a meetup in Devon/Berwyn on May 1st. Tesla Owners Club of Pennsylvania - Home

The number of people that live in expensive apartments around King of Prussia is pretty incredible and they keep building more. When you start adding the number of people that work in the area I think its safe to say that a significant percentage of supercharger use will be from locals and semi-locals.
Yeah I lucked out, I live in a tiny townhouse community, and I have a carport with a 120V in my assigned spot. PECO hasn't been willing to come out and do the hookup so I can have a HPWC installed.

I realize beggars can't be choosers when it comes to Superchargers in the philly suburbs, but kind of a sub optimal spot with regards to access from most of the highways in that area. That location would be quite a trek from the turnpike and back at most anytime of day.
Hopefully they are still trying to add additional locations in the general KOP area. Something closer to the turnpike / 422 would still be helpful.
I originally asked/suggested through our Tesla Owners Club of Pennsylvania to be in the auxiliary parking area of Wegmans (right there in the town center). I'm not going to complain the location they're putting it in, is real-close to where I live. The Towncenter would be a better, "things to do while I charge" space.

Reactions: Xebec
I originally asked/suggested through our Tesla Owners Club of Pennsylvania to be in the auxiliary parking area of Wegmans (right there in the town center). I'm not going to complain the location they're putting it in, is real-close to where I live. The Towncenter would be a better, "things to do while I charge" space.

Agreed that it would be a better location overall due to more highways nearby and more food/shopping options. I'd wager that somewhere on the power grid there's an expensive bottleneck to deal with and PECO said no. I have no facts to back this up, this is 100% conjecture.

• Helpful
Reactions: gavine
I know isn't it great!! That location is less then 2 miles from where I live.
BTW, we have a local chapter in the Tesla Owners Club of Pennsylvania; in case you did know. KoP members get free "chill" membership for the 1st year. We're having a meetup in Devon/Berwyn on May 1st. Tesla Owners Club of Pennsylvania - Home

B0FC0543-B1F2-40B4-AE1C-69CAE0B4572A.jpeg

77F91357-0B8D-43E0-8110-2B537C2C64A4.jpeg
107C3399-89A3-4B30-8727-C20CA2BBECFC.jpeg

CB3C6965-6966-4B39-BCD5-C84CCAA92810.jpeg

just took these pictures today
looks like construction is well underway
with at least 8 stalls

Attachments

• FE38DCA6-8378-46DE-99CC-880AC1A29820.jpeg
    FE38DCA6-8378-46DE-99CC-880AC1A29820.jpeg
    772.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: SMAlset
Just as an FYI for anyone who hasn't realized it yet, the posted Imgur images are really links to picture albums with multiple pics. The small number in bottom right of the posted image tells you how many pictures there are in the album, so in andguent's most recent posting right above mine you can see "1/10" meaning it's the first of 10 pictures. OR you can scroll through them without linking away from TMC via the left/right arrows that show up on the side of the image when hovering over them with your mouse (this may be more obvious on mobile but I only use desktop for this site).

I have been bitching about the lack of superchargers in the northern Philly suburbs to the point where I stated that Tesla doesn't give a rat's ass about this area. @tes-s pointed out that there are superchargers close by, but they are all across state lines and useless if you are low on electrons and based in or around KOP. The new Bensalem and the downtown Philly superchargers are very welcome, but still did not address the overwhelming need in the PA Turnpike corridor.

It's about f$^@ing time! What was the rush all about? Why not wait another 5 years?! (I'm still pissed off about this).

I have been bitching about the lack of superchargers in the northern Philly suburbs to the point where I stated that Tesla doesn't give a rat's ass about this area. @tes-s pointed out that there are superchargers close by, but they are all across state lines and useless if you are low on electrons and based in or around KOP. The new Bensalem and the downtown Philly superchargers are very welcome, but still did not address the overwhelming need in the PA Turnpike corridor.

It's about f$^@ing time! What was the rush all about? Why not wait another 5 years?! (I'm still pissed off about this).
Interesting timing - I just drove right through KOP two days ago! I charged in Doylestown, and managed to make it to Lancaster 87 miles away without a KOP supercharger. If KOP was live, I would have stopped there too.

Reactions: smithg13
Interesting timing - I just drove right through KOP two days ago! I charged in Doylestown, and managed to make it to Lancaster 87 miles away without a KOP supercharger. If KOP was live, I would have stopped there too.
Yep, it's helpful to have Doylestown in the mix. But if you're staying in Chesterbrook, Exton, Glenside, Plymouth Meeting, etc. and you are low on electrons heading to Center City, it's a fail. Just my opinion. KOP has been waaaaaaaay overdue. For a long time (at the risk of being redundant).

That being said, I'm glad you stopped by. I am back in the area (Berwyn) later this month and when I arrive low on electrons from NYC, the KOP will be a very welcome site for sore eyes and low batteries. For such a populated area.