Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never seen the regular chargers ICED at KOP mall. Their location seems to always have open spots in the general vicinity. So, putting superchargers there makes sense IMO.

The KOP supercharger just showed up on Supercharge.info site with status as "Permit", so I assume they already got the local permit for the Supercharger. Probably not going to star construction until after the holiday shopping season is over.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 1.41.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 1.41.26 PM.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Informative
Reactions: madodel
The KOP supercharger just showed up on Supercharge.info site with status as "Permit", so I assume they already got the local permit for the Supercharger. Probably not going to star construction until after the holiday shopping season is over.
No, supercharge.info uses these forums as sources of info, it is not a validation of a filed permit. Their definition of permit is as follows: "Permit - Tesla has submitted a permit/plan/application for a specific address."

Reactions: Chuq and emupilot
No, supercharge.info uses these forums as sources of info, it is not a validation of a filed permit. Their definition of permit is as follows: "Permit - Tesla has submitted a permit/plan/application for a specific address."

Nothing on here stating that though, short of someone at the mall saying it SHOULD take place in the next few months. Not sure that should be considered a permit status. Not arguing with you, just saying. . . Could be June before we see it. Silly to be in a permit status when no one has seen anything official (Such as a real permit, plan or anything going past the municipality.)

I would hope Tesla would continue using their HPWC spots, unless it's an emergency. Hope. . .

I'm willing to bet those will remain as Tesla spots and "those who are in the know" spots. I'd say I've been able to plug in there 7/10 times. And even for those three odd times if I walked into the stored and asked them to make a spot for me they would (I've done that twice).

Reactions: redan
I'm willing to bet those will remain as Tesla spots and "those who are in the know" spots. I'd say I've been able to plug in there 7/10 times. And even for those three odd times if I walked into the stored and asked them to make a spot for me they would (I've done that twice).

Where are the Tesla HPWC spots compared to the planned Supercharger?

Effectively "Permit" on supercharge.info is a broad status which means "a precise location/address is known, but construction has not started".

In many cases permits are not required, depending on each individual city/county/state/province/country's individual regulations.