Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been to the Tesla store mall location in a few years. Do they have techs or even staff there to do this now? The few times I was there, there was one Tesla employee there. I would have thought a better location for testing supercharger ability would be in the service center in Devon.

Problem is that location is so old that the electrical infrastructure around it can't support a supercharger there, even for just internal use.

Got it. Never gave a thought to power at Devon, but from a testing only supercharger point, and something to get a car back on the road that was in for service and in need of a quick charge, it doesn't take much. I also believe I read there are other service centers that have a supercharger inside. Could be wrong though..

Still thinking Wegman's is a more accessible 24/7 highway location with food and a restroom available. The mall isn't always open :( Either way, good to see our area finally getting some love.

I also believe I read there are other service centers that have a supercharger inside. Could be wrong though..

This is correct. The service center in Tyson's Corner (DC area) has an internal supercharger. I got to have them charge me up one of my first trips down to visit family that way, I was still a bit gun shy on running out of charge and they were happy to give me a peace of mind charge up. Great staff there.

Reactions: jcadman22 and Joe F
So I was there Saturday, but the wife was along and didn't want to drag her on a search of the orange garage. However one of the employees in the store told me that he didn't think there was a supercharger in the mall, and mentioned the town center that several here were hoping for.

I responded to Gary Supinski again and asked for clarification on if this is the supercharger site, or they're simply installing additional wall chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: Joe F
The operations director got back to me.

Not sure if tesla is installing superchargers under the orange garage, I don't believe they are.

So, mea culpa everyone. I don't think the Operations Director understood my initial question, and this led to the confusion. The poor guys in the store are in fact correct, it seems that a supercharger IS NOT going in at the mall proper.

Or at least, it's not this orange parking garage location. We're back to having no idea. What they did say (and I can confirm from friends waiting on Tesla Energy/Solarcity installs) is that PECO is a huge pain in the arse to work with. This whole process could likely have been done except for PECO. I'll see if I can find some contact there that could maybe clue me in.

Nothing yet. I was talking with someone at the Devon Service Center and they hadn't heard a thing. He also wasn't positive that it WASN'T going in at KoP.

Tesla actually has a supercharger deployment manager position listed on their site, based out of KoP. If they'd just hire me I'd fix this *sugar* show right on up!

But no, no news. Last I heard PECO was the problem, as per usual.

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv