Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do remember that a large set of supercharges is quite a load on a local substation. And the expanded mall I am sure is already stressing the feeders to that area. PECO may need to plan how to feed this thing. (20 stalls = 10 superchargers at 130KW each (once at DC) so expect 140KW at AC, thats a 1.4MW feed, which is a healthy load on a substation. All depends on how much capacity is left on the feeders to that area.
There’s plenty of power near the mall. Honking big substation near the theater complex. GE Space Systems was based near the mall decades ago. Suspect some of their work demanded a lot of juice. Now Martin Marietta I think.

Anyone notice this on supercharge.info?
upload_2018-4-3_11-8-24.png

Might need some sort of advocacy group...I realize CA is Tesla dense but PA is ranked #6 in US population. I count 15 in the whole state, not counting the "coming soon" which is ridiculous.
Tell me about it! Not good going upstate and not being able to make it back to Bloomberg. Had to detour to Erwin, NY after visiting Cherry Springs State Park. Nice drive though, and appreciate Dunkin Donuts hosting the chargers. Good coffee at least.

It's intersting that the Tesla map shows a SC in Plymouth Meeting planned for this year but there is nothing on supercharge.info yet.
Tesla's map is just a hazy vision of what they hope might come. The locations and timelines are completely in dreamland.

Supercharge.info only puts dots up when conclusive proof is found for the supercharger. In this case though 'proof' was mistaken, so the dot should really be taken down.