Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the orange garage is the one to the north of Niemen Marcus, at the intersection of Willis Blvd and KOP Plaza road.
View attachment 264751

Seems like a pretty terrible place for a supercharger. Going to be ICEd all the time and a pain to get to.
If they have any sense the spaces will be placed in an area that only gets filled when the mall is at its busiest. If they were deadset on the Mall (and they are) I'd have put it outside of Dicks on the upper deck in the corner or up the side nearest the road a little bit. That's where I park all the time and it's rarely occupied even during the busiest times. And the food court is a fairly quick walk from there.

There is one unit on the far right with a chademo connector. If you have an s or x and have $600 to burn Model S/X CHAdeMO Adapter

View attachment 367720

Can confirm the chademo station on the far right works with our S and chademo adapter. Didn't record the charging rate, but it seemed typical for chademo. We only needed to charge for about 15 minutes to make our destination with enough cushion.

Ben

Reactions: Felickz
There is one unit on the far right with a chademo connector. If you have an s or x and have $600 to burn Model S/X CHAdeMO Adapter

View attachment 367720
I've had a CHAdeMO adapter for longer than I have had my X (3+ years) and have never used it. Ordered it because when I reserved my Sig X there were no Superchargers in Pennsylvania. Does one have to have an account to use these things? I assume there is a cost. I've always found a Supercharger or destination charger when I'm traveling. I really need to try the adapter though. One of these days I'll drive to KOP. I wonder if the KOP store will remain as a gallery.

Depends on the vendor you're plugging in with if you need an account or not. For the units at the mall, I'm sure you do.

I'll be shocked if the KoP gallery goes away. Three years ago when I bought my S, the girl at Devon I worked with said the KoP store had the most visitors of any Tesla store. Things change in three years, but being next to that Apple store is probably a gold mine for them.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
Depends on the vendor you're plugging in with if you need an account or not. For the units at the mall, I'm sure you do.

I'll be shocked if the KoP gallery goes away. Three years ago when I bought my S, the girl at Devon I worked with said the KoP store had the most visitors of any Tesla store. Things change in three years, but being next to that Apple store is probably a gold mine for them.

With Devon being so close I would be surprised if they kept KOP open. Simon charges a LOT for that space. Between The constant hassle Simon gives Tesla both at KOP and LVM (the 3 proposals and repeated stalling when Tesla was trying to install a supercharger in Allentown. Ultimately Tesla had to abandon those plans and start all over at Tilghman St.

Don’t get me started on the fiasco surrounding the SemaCharge units which used to be outside Nordstrom. Donated by the electrical workers union before Tesla was even in KOP free of charge. Protected by a light pole on one side curbing on the other yet somehow a plow destroyed them. Later they were replaced with ripoff Blink chargers. Now finally they’re Chargepoint. Simon also pulled the 120v outlets from LVM. Perhaps their position has evolved or management has changed but historically speaking they do everything they can to make operating very difficult.

• Informative
Reactions: Felickz and madodel
Tesla and Simon have a very good realtionship, with there being lots of galleries and superchargers on Simon properties. I seriously doubt any of the issues with the KoP charger were related to Simon. The Allentown ones were not either.

I'd agree that they keep the KoP gallery open, it gets a ton of traffic. They may no longer do test drives there though.

Red tape is my guess. Have to deal with utilities, land owner, etc. I know this is the same everywhere, but I'm sure some of the parties involved (Especially PECO) are a pain.

I lived in Norristown and Ambler years ago. “Red tape” is an understatement. It took over 50 years to complete the nearby blue route.
( Synterra Ltd. )

It’s not the same everywhere, but it is tradition in Pennsylvania. I hope it’s not another 400 plus days to complete the supercharger. But history says.....

I lived in Norristown and Ambler years ago. “Red tape” is an understatement. It took over 50 years to complete the nearby blue route.
( Synterra Ltd. )

It’s not the same everywhere, but it is tradition in Pennsylvania. I hope it’s not another 400 plus days to complete the supercharger. But history says.....
That's primarily South Eastern PA in the the richer Philly suburbs, from my experience. Here in NE PA people are easily rolled over. The frackers (like the coal mines before them) get whatever they want no matter what damage it does.

Reactions: Super Dude
My wife just texted me this image. They are located near Lord and Taylor.
image1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
Yes, those are the Electrify America charges. Pictures further up in this thread.

I was in the Wegman's back lot this weekend (Where else can you park a 15 passenger van in this shopping area?!) Nothing. Yet.

I actually used the chademo charger (there is only one, the rest are CCS) to charge my Leaf -- worked well, no issues. Pay with a credit card -- no membership. I don't have an adapter to try this with my Model S.

The traffic in this mall is beyond unbelievable! Ugh! I hope they put the supercharger along Rt 202 somewhere outside the mall.