Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was trying to say just the opposite, Wawa is part of the solution if they actively seek to deploy EV charging at their locations. Once again, the existence of the Electrify America site at the mall, whatever we may think of it, is an indicator that if there is a will there is a way to deploy charging.

Reactions: rich0
Obligatory 2021 update ...target is Q4 2021 .. aka don't be surprised to see this comment next year for 2022

Screenshot_20210128-122232.png

I was in the King of Prussia, PA, area today and decided to stop at Chipotle to get lunch. As I was parking my car, a work truck was also parking. As I was getting out of my car, 3 guys exited the work truck and as they walked to Chipotle's door, one guy complimented me on my car. As all Tesla owners do, I got excited and stopped to talk to him.

Turns out that he and his 2 coworkers are beginning the installation process for SIXTEEN v3 SuperChargers in KoP. There've been lots of rumors about where the location would be, but he confirmed for me for sure. They're literally beginning work now, and the SCs will be operational in a few months he said.

Google Maps location - in the shopping center with Giant, CVS, and Wendy's on Henderson Rd right by Rt 202.

It was a really exciting interaction for me, so I wanted to make their day too. So I bought them all lunch!

Wow that's great! It's been a long time coming. The location is a little unfortunate as traffic getting to/from there from 76/276/422 can be a nightmare.
When traveling on 76W, there is an exit for King Of Prussia that dumps you on Henderson Rd about a mile from this location. Traveling on 76E in the same area, the Gulph Mills exit is pretty close as well. But yes, this location is on the other side of town from the 276/422 interchanges. But it's a straight shot down 202 between the two areas.

When traveling on 76W, there is an exit for King Of Prussia that dumps you on Henderson Rd about a mile from this location. Traveling on 76E in the same area, the Gulph Mills exit is pretty close as well. But yes, this location is on the other side of town from the 276/422 interchanges. But it's a straight shot down 202 between the two areas.
Yes but that's exactly the traffic I was referring to.

I realize beggars can't be choosers when it comes to Superchargers in the philly suburbs, but kind of a sub optimal spot with regards to access from most of the highways in that area. That location would be quite a trek from the turnpike and back at most anytime of day.
Hopefully they are still trying to add additional locations in the general KOP area. Something closer to the turnpike / 422 would still be helpful.

I glad it's NOT at the mall. Supercharging is too fast to walk around that place. Charge up before or after, then park in a normal space.
The Wawa i was referring to is on the corner of 202 and Henderson rd not the other one by the mall. The one by the mall is way to small but the one near Henderson has a big parking lot in the back with easy access to food and bathrooms 24/7. I think the Giant closes at 11 so that means two stops if you have to go.

16F96951-4CE1-4661-A4AD-243B17B0D206.png