Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Safe - particularly during daylight. Not very pedestrian-friendly, but ok.

I suggest finding a hotel with a L2 charger, or one nearby, as a better alternative than a supercharger a mile away. I think there are L2 chargers in the King of Prussia mall, and a few hotels nearby.

KOP is definitely safer than Philly. As said above, the area is congested and not very pedestrian friendly. But by time you start Supercharging and take into account the time to walk to/from your hotel, you’d be better off grabbing a meal, hitting the grocery store or other shopping until full. You don’t want to accrue idle fees nor unnecessarily take a charger stall.
Thanks guys,

My two options that I found were this Alloy King of Prussia by DoubleTree/Hilton, or the Sheraton Downtown Philadelphia

I just called the Doubletree and they said they would be able to offer me a shuttle to pick up/drop off to the charger.

A full 100% charge generally takes about 1.5 to 2 hours on my guy at a supercharger, so should give us plenty of time to rest at the hotel.

Any other recommendations for either a Hilton or Marriott property hotel with a L2 charger instead? The only ones I found have horrible reviews for the hotel itself.

Also, is this a busy charger with idle fees? Arriving on a friday evening.

Is it safe to park/walk to the hotel? I see the above post states 'moderate crime in the area'
I personally would not expect this parking lot to be dangerous and I work 15 minutes from here. I totally agree that during daylight it's very safe and I'd have no concerns at this supercharger.

It's directly between a very high land value area and a very low land value area. Take that for whatever it's worth.

I would not recommend walking to the double tree from the supercharger. I'd get the family checked in at the hotel, unload, then head down, supercharge to 90%, optionally grab some groceries, and then drive back to the hotel. The roads around here have signs that say no pedestrian crossing all over, there's no pedestrian signaling, and no sidewalk. People easily drive at 45mph+ through some of these stretches which is far too fast to try and jaywalk across traffic safely.

Reactions: K1Woods and juliusa
Thanks guys,

My two options that I found were this Alloy King of Prussia by DoubleTree/Hilton, or the Sheraton Downtown Philadelphia

I just called the Doubletree and they said they would be able to offer me a shuttle to pick up/drop off to the charger.

A full 100% charge generally takes about 1.5 to 2 hours on my guy at a supercharger, so should give us plenty of time to rest at the hotel.

Any other recommendations for either a Hilton or Marriott property hotel with a L2 charger instead? The only ones I found have horrible reviews for the hotel itself.

Also, is this a busy charger with idle fees? Arriving on a friday evening.

in that area

now the gotcha is getting ICEd or someone else using it.

I'd say never give up a chance to stay inside downtown Philly and eat some of the best food in the world... but I'm biased.

I returned the favor when I was last in Toronto - give me smack dab in the middle of the City any day. (I avoid King of Prussia unless I have no other choice in the matter - it's far and congested and traffic is always a nightmare.)

I'd say never give up a chance to stay inside downtown Philly and eat some of the best food in the world... but I'm biased.

I returned the favor when I was last in Toronto - give me smack dab in the middle of the City any day. (I avoid King of Prussia unless I have no other choice in the matter - it's far and congested and traffic is always a nightmare.)
Couldn’t agree more. The thought of driving just a few miles on 202 or Henderson road makes me cringe.