Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kingman, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another supercharger is now under construction and this thread is dedicated to the periodically updates and pictures. The location is at the Carl's Jr in Kingman, AZ at 789 W Beale St Kingman, AZ 86401.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/8FhhTx
Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)

Attached are some pictures that were uploaded by Tyl on another thread. Thanks for the photographic proof! Also based on those images I estimated where I thought the location was going to be within the parking lot itself. Keep the updates coming!

01.JPG

02.JPG

Untitled.png

Mods -Please merge this thread into the Arizona Superchargers thread... We really don't need single-site SC threads.

Please also do so for the Flagstaff thread...

Personally I think its more helpful finding information when they're about a specific site. These threads are becoming too long and about multiple topics. Plus a lot of people are coming to this common thread rather than each individual region. It there were regional folders within the Charging Standards and Infrastructure group then I agree they could be moved to that lower subfolder.

Kingman AZ: The conduit line ready for a back hoe and tree stump and root ball are gone. Next week we will see many changes. Flagstaff AZ is about a week ahead of this site. Thanks for the pictures. I hope to receive some fresh photos of this site next week to post. Hagerstown MD: I was a little surprised that another SC popped up out of no where and construction was well on it's way/that we just found out about!.. I think there may even be more..just where??

Mods -Please merge this thread into the Arizona Superchargers thread... We really don't need single-site SC threads.

Please also do so for the Flagstaff thread...
I disagree. Prefer to be able to view specific locations that are relevant to my interest and need.

- - - Updated - - -

Kingman AZ: The conduit line ready for a back hoe and tree stump and root ball are gone. Next week we will see many changes. Flagstaff AZ is about a week ahead of this site. Thanks for the pictures. I hope to receive some fresh photos of this site next week to post. Hagerstown MD: I was a little surprised that another SC popped up out of no where and construction was well on it's way/that we just found out about!.. I think there may even be more..just where??
Any chance this will open before the 28th of this month? Kinda doubt it.

@ Tyl: nice pics

Anyone else notice that the workers are wearing t-shirts in late December?
Definitely a whole lot easier to build something when not confronted with snow and layers of clothing (re: Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, et al sites)
Pouring and curing concrete in 60 degree weather is probably a lot easier too...:wink:

@ purplewalt:

It's taken a while to get more pictures of Kingman AZ since those posted on the 13th. Christmas etc. slowed progress a little I'm sure. When I spoke to the guy who took these photos, he said he would send me more as progress moves along. Let's hope so! It's great to witness the installation with photos. I'm guessing it will be operational by the end of January, along with Flagstaff AZ. I know Holbrook AZ and Buckeye AZ are next along with Yuma AZ and Gila Bend AZ. I'll find out more when I'm onsite myself and make inquires with the crews. I'm hoping Casa Grande AZ, Wilcox AZ {or Lordsburg NM} as they move along I-10 to Florida!! Time will tell!

@ purplewalt:

I know Holbrook AZ and Buckeye AZ are next along with Yuma AZ and Gila Bend AZ. I'll find out more when I'm onsite myself and make inquires with the crews. I'm hoping Casa Grande AZ, Wilcox AZ {or Lordsburg NM} as they move along I-10 to Florida!! Time will tell!

@ Tyl: Thanks for today's pics

Holbrook is really moving along now, concrete is poured, trenches are back-filled.
I-10 runs a long way, both East and West, might need to swing North thru Colorado for a year to two until it can connect to FL.
Yep, time will tell....

Holbrook is really moving along now, concrete is poured, trenches are back-filled.
I-10 runs a long way, both East and West, might need to swing North thru Colorado for a year to two until it can connect to FL.
Yep, time will tell....

I just want to make sure that it is Holbrook, AZ that has concrete poured, etc. I have a trip mid-week where I could swing by Holbrook to get some recon in, but it will cost me almost two hours. I am happy to make that investment, if there is something to see. The travel hours are even more costly because they will not be in an MS. :wink:

Thanks ahead of time for the verification of your info.

I just want to make sure that it is Holbrook, AZ that has concrete poured, etc. I have a trip mid-week where I could swing by Holbrook to get some recon in, but it will cost me almost two hours. I am happy to make that investment, if there is something to see. The travel hours are even more costly because they will not be in an MS. :wink:

Thanks ahead of time for the verification of your info.

My bad: this is KINGMAN, AZ not Holbrook.
No idea of status of Holbrook, it was to have started around 12/28, probably not much in the way of progress at this point due to NYE and NYD holiday.
Probably not worth the trip for at least a couple of weeks, toward end of Jan.