TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Kingman, AZ

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by airj1012, Dec 13, 2013.

1. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Another supercharger is now under construction and this thread is dedicated to the periodically updates and pictures. The location is at the Carl's Jr in Kingman, AZ at 789 W Beale St Kingman, AZ 86401.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/8FhhTx
    Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)

Attached are some pictures that were uploaded by Tyl on another thread. Thanks for the photographic proof! Also based on those images I estimated where I thought the location was going to be within the parking lot itself. Keep the updates coming!

01.JPG

02.JPG

Untitled.png

2. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Mods -Please merge this thread into the Arizona Superchargers thread... We really don't need single-site SC threads.

Please also do so for the Flagstaff thread...

3. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Personally I think its more helpful finding information when they're about a specific site. These threads are becoming too long and about multiple topics. Plus a lot of people are coming to this common thread rather than each individual region. It there were regional folders within the Charging Standards and Infrastructure group then I agree they could be moved to that lower subfolder.

4. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Theres only been an HPWC at the Travelodge in Kingman, so this is awesome news :)

5. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Some more pictures from today. Looks like they're just getting started here and not as far along as they are in Flagstaff.

1.jpg

2.jpg

6. Tyl

Tyl Member

Kingman AZ: The conduit line ready for a back hoe and tree stump and root ball are gone. Next week we will see many changes. Flagstaff AZ is about a week ahead of this site. Thanks for the pictures. I hope to receive some fresh photos of this site next week to post. Hagerstown MD: I was a little surprised that another SC popped up out of no where and construction was well on it's way/that we just found out about!.. I think there may even be more..just where??

7. napabill

napabill Active Member

I disagree. Prefer to be able to view specific locations that are relevant to my interest and need.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance this will open before the 28th of this month? Kinda doubt it.

8. Tyl

Tyl Member

photo update Kingman AZ
    IMG_8845.JPG IMG_8846.JPG IMG_8847.JPG IMG_8848.JPG IMG_8849.JPG IMG_8850.JPG IMG_8851.JPG IMG_8852.JPG

9. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

@ Tyl: nice pics

Anyone else notice that the workers are wearing t-shirts in late December?
    Definitely a whole lot easier to build something when not confronted with snow and layers of clothing (re: Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, et al sites)
    Pouring and curing concrete in 60 degree weather is probably a lot easier too...:wink:

10. Tyl

Tyl Member

@ purplewalt:

It's taken a while to get more pictures of Kingman AZ since those posted on the 13th. Christmas etc. slowed progress a little I'm sure. When I spoke to the guy who took these photos, he said he would send me more as progress moves along. Let's hope so! It's great to witness the installation with photos. I'm guessing it will be operational by the end of January, along with Flagstaff AZ. I know Holbrook AZ and Buckeye AZ are next along with Yuma AZ and Gila Bend AZ. I'll find out more when I'm onsite myself and make inquires with the crews. I'm hoping Casa Grande AZ, Wilcox AZ {or Lordsburg NM} as they move along I-10 to Florida!! Time will tell!

11. Tyl

Tyl Member

Update: this morning!

IMG_8875.JPG IMG_8876.JPG IMG_8877.JPG

12. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

@ Tyl: Thanks for today's pics

Holbrook is really moving along now, concrete is poured, trenches are back-filled.
    I-10 runs a long way, both East and West, might need to swing North thru Colorado for a year to two until it can connect to FL.
    Yep, time will tell....

13. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

I just want to make sure that it is Holbrook, AZ that has concrete poured, etc. I have a trip mid-week where I could swing by Holbrook to get some recon in, but it will cost me almost two hours. I am happy to make that investment, if there is something to see. The travel hours are even more costly because they will not be in an MS. :wink:

Thanks ahead of time for the verification of your info.

14. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

My bad: this is KINGMAN, AZ not Holbrook.
    No idea of status of Holbrook, it was to have started around 12/28, probably not much in the way of progress at this point due to NYE and NYD holiday.
    Probably not worth the trip for at least a couple of weeks, toward end of Jan.

15. Tyl

Tyl Member

Kingman AZ Tesla Supercharger photo update this morning 1-8-2014.

IMG_8878.JPG IMG_8879.JPG IMG_8880.JPG IMG_8881.JPG

16. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Did you get a chance to see if the transformer was there? That is often the long lead item. Still looks the enclosure needs to be finished around the Supercharger Cabinets and the Distribution Equipment, but getting very close!

See Tesla Supercharger network - Page 312 for component identification.

17. Tyl

Tyl Member

I'm nowhere near Kingman AZ. These photos are courteously messaged to me. I post for visual information. I should get some more photos tomorrow morning. We'll have to study them to see if the transformer is on site.

18. saprolf

saprolf Member

#18 saprolf, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Talked to the Hotel in Flagstaff. Site will finished installation today. Now we have to wait for Utilities to come out and inspect it. They are taking the longest time for the least work. Let's hope that they complete this soon.

19. rsanchez

rsanchez Member

It shows up on the Tesla map already (in car)? Is it safe to assume it's live now? (Flagstaff that is).

20. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Perhaps you meant Kingman?