Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kingman, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kingman AZ this afternoon!

IMG_8887.JPG
IMG_8888.JPG
IMG_8889.JPG
IMG_8890.JPG
IMG_8891.JPG
IMG_8892.JPG

photo update Kingman AZ 5 AM this morning, these were messaged to me. No word on when it will go live, but it should be soon!! They may have a little more concrete curbing to do around the transformer and possibly elsewhere from previous photos. Then general site clean up.

IMG_8914.JPG
IMG_8915.JPG

Kingman this afternoon. Looks finished! I have no idea if it is operational. These photos were messaged to me. Here are a few more photos!
View attachment 41135View attachment 41136View attachment 41137View attachment 41138View attachment 41139
Planning a trip from PHX to LV the wknd of 2/21. I'm assuming they will be operational by then! I'll have to determine if I will need to stop in Wickenburg for an hour or so to make it. My plan would be: Early morning Tempe to Surprise, charge at a Blink til full while eating breakfast, then on to Kingman, with a possible pitstop in Wickenburg. Then to LV.

I'm assuming I wouldn't need the stop in Wickenburg on the way back. And I'm hoping the LV SC is operational by then also (looks like it should be). I don't need it with chargers around the strip and I won't be driving much once I'm there. (Also, I haven't followed the LV SC thread closely. I know it was possible it was for private use only, but not sure.)

Cant wait for my first SC-use trip!

Actually, you're right. I meant Wikieup. THere's an RV park (Dazzo's) that shows up on Plugshare. I recall there being other RV parks also a little closer to Kingman. In a MS60, it'll be close, but the temps are perfect now. Just need to think about wind...And for this first trip, it'll likely be just me, so not a lot of weight in the car...

No, there is no place to charge in Wickenburg, unless -

1. you know me (and I'm sorry, but we've not met; besides, my HPWC is not set up - all I would have available is a 14-50)

or

2. MAYBE the North Ranch has for-rent stalls to charge. That is the motorhome snowbird site on Rte 93, about 5 miles beyond the Rte 89/93 fork. Alternatively, there also is a motorhome snowbird site just behind the McDonald's at the south end of town. Possibly they can rent you a charging outlet.

I would be happy to be corrected in saying there is no place, but I fear I'm right.

Thanks for vouching, Mark!

Yeah it's been hard to get to the meet ups with 2 girls under 3.

When I get back from my trip overseas with the family I'll decide if I can go and start to plan the LV trip in earnest.

I figure with the Wikieup/RV option I'll be fine. But if Audubon is willing to meet me and let me fill up I'd be a very happy camper.

Kingman this afternoon. Looks finished! I have no idea if it is operational. These photos were messaged to me. Here are a few more photos!
View attachment 41135View attachment 41136View attachment 41137View attachment 41138View attachment 41139
Wait... Handicapped spot? Well that throws a wrench into the whole signage issue... Is it an either or? Meaning will it be iced frequently, or is it a "both", meaning its for a handicapped tesla (heh, just you 90kw charger models and 60s.... I kid I kid...)...

if it's the only one left can I park there and charge?

It may simply be there due to local ordinances. Here in Tempe, the law states that if you install any publicly accessible EV charging stations, that at least one must be ADA-accessible and compliant.

Not to be offensive (except to local politicians) but I suspect that at some local municipality there will be a requirement to have Braille markings on the SC's.

Not to be offensive (except to local politicians) but I suspect that at some local municipality there will be a requirement to have Braille markings on the SC's.
Braille on a supercharger makes a lot of sense . . . about as much sense as Braille on the DRIVE-thru ATMs.
AND Tesla will be ahead of the game when the self-driving cars arrive that will improve the mobility of the blind.

Last edited:
Planning a trip from PHX to LV the wknd of 2/21. I'm assuming they will be operational by then! I'll have to determine if I will need to stop in Wickenburg for an hour or so to make it. My plan would be: Early morning Tempe to Surprise, charge at a Blink til full while eating breakfast, then on to Kingman, with a possible pitstop in Wickenburg. Then to LV.

I'm assuming I wouldn't need the stop in Wickenburg on the way back. And I'm hoping the LV SC is operational by then also (looks like it should be). I don't need it with chargers around the strip and I won't be driving much once I'm there. (Also, I haven't followed the LV SC thread closely. I know it was possible it was for private use only, but not sure.)

Cant wait for my first SC-use trip!

We did the trip from Phoenix to Las Vegas in a MS60 last year. See prior post for details. Also see if Dazzo's Country Store and RV Park in Wikiup has the restaurant re-opened. That was the last place to top-off before that elevation gain heading up into Kingman -- plan for it, it's significant.

We did the trip from Phoenix to Las Vegas in a MS60 last year. See prior post for details. Also see if Dazzo's Country Store and RV Park in Wikiup has the restaurant re-opened. That was the last place to top-off before that elevation gain heading up into Kingman -- plan for it, it's significant.
Awesome info on last yr's trip Monsoon! Thanks! dazzos is where I would stop for a maint charge to reach Kingman and I'll def call them before I commit to going. I'd be coming from Tempe, so I'd stop in Surprise for breakfast and to top off. In theory it's possible to make it to Kingman with stopping in Wikieup from there, but I wouldn't chance it. And yes, the return trip sound much easier than the outbound. I'd probably still stop somewhere on the NW part of town on the way back to dinner if I was cutting it any where near close..