Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kingston ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning a trip to Cornwall in a Week from the Greater Toronto Area and this Kingston Supercharger "Reduced Service" warning has me very concerned. Abetterrouteplanner.com is not even identifying the Kingston SC as an option in its route planning right now. Even if I charge to 99 or 100% at the Belleville SC and drive conservatively, the 251 kilometre distance from Belleville to Cornwall at the extreme end of my potential range and probably cutting it way too close for comfort. I really do need a 15 - 20 % buffer top up in Kingston.

Has anyone actually charged at the Kingston Supercharger in the past few days to confirm that it is still operational? If so how many stalls appeared to be working?

Reactions: malou
Stalls 7 and 8 almost ready to go. I hope they have improved the total capacity of the site too.
PXL_20201128_194136958.jpg

The additional capacity that will be created in the region with the opening of the Brockville Supercharger location will be very welcome.
Are they opening Brockville? I was feeling pretty confident 6 months ago, since they gave a quarter that it should be open in, but now, we're half way through the quarter and there doesn't seem to be any rumours of it being built. It would certainly make my Christmas trip to Montreal easier.

Is it just me or does the car's nav actively avoid congested stations like Kingston? Either way.. do your best to avoid Kingston SC.
Ottawa folks:
It does for me and it suggests Perth.

But I assume a lot of people are used to driving on the 401, and it will never be on their mind to use Highway 7.

Toronto-mtl crew:
If you’re an SR+ or Model S 75 (or lower), you are kind of stuck using Kingston to get to Cornwall or Fairview Pointe Claire.

The minute Brockville opens, I am sure the trip planner will say Belleville first, then Brockville for those folks. And Kingston will be empty as Port Hope.

Rumour:
The one across the street was never confirmed.

Reactions: ccudmore