Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kingsville, TX - E Corral Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be nice to have the 250kw and extra spaces in kingsville but I think upgrading Three Rivers TX area first would be more ideal. Maybe up the road further north from current one. Cause that Loves gets busy with ice cars and bathrooms always packed.

Hmmm, puzzled by this one. This is like Van Horn - an existing SC that is seldom overloaded, yet building another on the opposite side of the highway. Not complaining , just puzzled. Maybe up the road a bit like Sinton or Refugio. I’ve probably used Kingsville more than any other SC and never seen it full - usually 2 to four cars.

Hmmm, puzzled by this one. This is like Van Horn - an existing SC that is seldom overloaded, yet building another on the opposite side of the highway. Not complaining , just puzzled. Maybe up the road a bit like Sinton or Refugio. I’ve probably used Kingsville more than any other SC and never seen it full - usually 2 to four cars.
It happens quite often...

Attachments

• IMG_4982.jpg
    IMG_4982.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_4981.jpg
    IMG_4981.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: electricglider
I guess we could call this the SpaceX effect. Probably makes good sense for a second charger since it is such a long stretch down to Brownsville/Boca Chica. Plus Tesla is probably trying to anticipate more charging infrastructure from the money from the Inflation Reduction Act.

I guess we could call this the SpaceX effect. Probably makes good sense for a second charger since it is such a long stretch down to Brownsville/Boca Chica. Plus Tesla is probably trying to anticipate more charging infrastructure from the money from the Inflation Reduction Act.
If that is case, what is really needed is a minimum 24 charger stall in South Padre and one more in Brownsville, besides one in Boca Chica for SpaceX employees and contractors.

No activity for now, but there is major construction on the new Tesla Lithium factory just 10 miles north near Driscoll TX. So that might be more of the thinking for this location. This location is next to the Love's Truck Stop on the north side of Kingsville. Looks like it will be at a competing large truck stop to be built.

Attachments

• IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 34
I'm posting this during the afternoon of the third SpaceX Starship launch.

And, as expected, the SCs on the routes back north are loaded up. The traffic is clearing on the ones in deep south Texas as the "herd" moves north.

Harlingen - 5 open
McAllen - full
Kingsville - full
Three Rivers - full
Victoria - full

Obviously, this new one in Kingsville is needed. I realize that Tesla is being asked to build the church big enough for the Easter morning service, and many of the SCs will be under utilized, but I also think that as the launches become more frequent, the crowds will increase. After all these years, a major launch at Cape Canaveral, FL, still draws a crowd.