Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kirrawee, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no apparent progress as of this morning.
1F0E279E-1BEE-4510-8669-9B460B5BF3DA.jpeg

This is such a useful spot.
Ironically since I've been everywhere from Tasmania to Brisbane and regional NSW and VIC, the only time I've really sweated was coming back to Sydney from Wollongong one dark and stormy night. Thought it would be a doddle but ended up needing to stop at IKEA destination chargers for an hour to get a few more percent to make it home.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Charging in Sydney is a pain if you're south of the latte line. We may as well not exist.

That said, I accidentally left my CCS1 to CCS2 adapter at the 50kW charger at UoW Fairy Meadow this morning, still connected to its CCS1 jack, trying to get back to the car in a hurry in unbelievably heavy rain. I may as well leave the adapter there for others to use. Barring any concerns the Uni may have, of course. So getting back to Sydney from Wollongong might be a tiny bit easier now.

That said, I accidentally left my CCS1 to CCS2 adapter at the 50kW charger at UoW Fairy Meadow this morning, still connected to its CCS1 jack, trying to get back to the car in a hurry in unbelievably heavy rain. I may as well leave the adapter there for others to use. Barring any concerns the Uni may have, of course. So getting back to Sydney from Wollongong might be a tiny bit easier now.
Scratch that. Someone has already stolen it.

And as of last night, there’s still been no apparent progress at Kirrawee. I’m surprised nothing has been stolen from the site too, to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: moa999
QBN ask at uni counter to see if its been handed in.
I live 250km away. I'm only ever in Wollongong outside of uni hours.

A CCS1 user on PlugShare messaged me to say it had gone missing. He helped me out with some contact details at SBRC, and he also put up a sign for me. The adapter quietly reappeared. A CCS2 user with his own adapter, who was headed to Canberra today anyway, messaged me to say it was there & kindly detoured into Queanbeyan this arvo & dropped it off. Miraculous!
The conduit behind looks to have been closed up, so that's progress.
Assume you didn't ask the sparkies?
It's already established that sparkies engaged by Tesla have NDA considerations, so I wouldn't ask specifics. It'd put them in an awkward position.

But yes, you're absolutely right.

The adapter quietly reappeared. A CCS2 user with his own adapter, who was headed to Canberra today anyway, messaged me to say it was there & kindly detoured into Queanbeyan this arvo & dropped it off.
Great result and what a legend.

While I wouldn't be asking the sparky about what site is next etc.. if you phrase a question correctly you might get a useful response.

I am reminded of how long it took to get the electrical work done to bring the Chargefox site at Shell Cove (also in a shopping centre) back online.

Hopefully energising this site doesn't require a building-wide outage like the Chargefox site did, or I certainly wouldn't be expecting it to happen in such a busy shopping time.

Thanks for that. First time I've seen accurate figures for V3 SCs. Max 500V and max 631A is awesome. So with a Model 3, a V3 SC should do better than the Chargefox 350s which I think are up to 800V but "only" 500A
That sounds right. With V3 superchargers, each stall can deliver 250 kW for a M3 LR/P. The same cars can "only" get ~193-194 kW on the 350 kW Tritium units.

Reactions: moa999
Was hoping to use this while visiting family in Sydney next week, but it's not looking great.
If you have your own cable you can use the charger at the Woolworths car park across the street. There's also the car park inside Westfields nearby but it's often blocked by cars not charging. Outside of that, there's also the Tesla Service Centre on Parraweena Road (this one doesn't appear on charger maps as far as I know) that is open for use during operating hours.

Check Plug Share for further info.

Progress is happening. This notice just went out to the complex:

Dear Residents,

Please be advised, next Monday night 31/01/22 from 12.00 am to 5.00 am Tuesday morning 01/02/22 the Electrical Shutdown for Mirvac Tesla installation will take place noting that it will only affect minor services, not main services, apartments, etc.

Building management will be on site for the duration of the shutdown.

Kind Regards,