TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Klamath Falls, OR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by emupilot, Nov 20, 2016.

1. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

I did a routine search of the Oregon building permits database, and found the long-awaited Klamath Falls Supercharger!

It is at 1401 Washburn Way, Klamath Falls OR 97601. That is the parking lot for the Fred Meyer, although the address of Fred Meyer is 2655 Shasta Way. Here are links to the permits, which were submitted for processing 11/15/2016: 483-16-003505-ELEC-01 and 483-16-003505-STR.

• Like x 7
    • Informative x 5
  2. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

That's fantastic! The long awaited and much anticipated connection on 97.

3. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

Great news. This will make the trip to Reno/Tahoe area quite a bit faster for adventurous 85+ owners who live in western WA and NW OR. I would like to see one in Burns eventually as well just to open up that previously dead region to adventurous EV travelers!

• Like x 1
  4. RMan

RMan Member

Fantastic!!!! Thanks for staying on top of it emupilot. Our next planned trip south is in March Ill keep my fingers crossed.

5. Vger

Vger Active Member

This will also provide more flexible access to Crater Lake and the Lassen area.

6. cpa

cpa Active Member

Don't forget Lava Beds!

Also, it is about 170 miles from K-Falls to Susanville via California SR139, so one would think that a Supercharger will be going in at Susanville in the foreseeable future to allow the Pacific NW-Reno transit to be shorter than returning to Interstate 5.

That is so cool that K-Falls is on the map!

7. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

In the meantime, there is a HPWC in Susanville that is very conveniently located in a hotel parking lot (I believe it was the Red Lion). There is a decent pizza place that basically shares the same parking lot so I used it as an insurance top off while I had some pizza while travelling from Reno to the Mt. Shasta Supercharger last summer. Had the Klamath Falls Supercharger been available for that trip, I would have traveled north to K-Falls and then eventually over to Eugene rather than having to get over immediately to the I-5 Supercharger corridor.

8. Sarcarean

Sarcarean Member

Awesome news! The Tesla gods have listened :) I can't tell you how many times I suggested this location to the peeps in Tigard. I think traveling from Bend, I can easily hit Klamath and then skip Shasta.

9. cpa

cpa Active Member

The last time I drove south from Mt. Shasta City to Corning, I used 24 kWh. I would presume the leg from K-Falls to Mt. Shasta City would use about the same for the 80 miles of ups and downs (that net to a loss of about 500 feet elevation.)

10. Sarcarean

Sarcarean Member

Another reason a potential EV buyer should consider a Tesla Model 3 over competitors, is because of stations like this. There are no (or plans for) fast/quick chargers in this part of Oregon. But having this station, your options for travel are expanded a lot. This station opens up a lot of possibilities.

11. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Great news. I guess I will be going back to Bend in the winter sometime. :)

12. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

Now that would be pretty cool.

14. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

The structural permit is now just in review, so I guess Tesla has supplied the additional information needed. It's not much news, but at least it is in motion.

• Like x 1
  15. grayguy

grayguy Member

This is great news for my regular road trips to Bend to visit family. This winter looks a little rough for that drive (no D), but as long as it's completed by Summer...perfect.

16. Blup85

Blup85 Member

So excited for this! The charger at Oregon Institute is nice, but with only one at 80amps, you get stuck there. This makes getting to Bend no problem! Now I just need some destination chargers in the Lassen National park area!

• Like x 1
  17. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

• Like x 3
  18. mr blue sky

mr blue sky Member

Oh man, I am driving San Francisco to Bend at the end of January and then back a week later. This could save me several hours. But it seems unlikely to be completed by then given the intervening holidays.

19. Blup85

Blup85 Member

Anyone in the area seen anything happening yet?

20. MidValleySkillz

Awesome! This saves me 1-2 hours driving back to eastern Washington.