Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Klamath Falls, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
jrover, thank you for the update and the pictures. Like ecarfan, I will be using this location on our way up to Bend in June. It looks like they just finished as they haven't put walls around the electrical boxes. Thank you again!

Woohoo! Much sooner than I had expected, honestly. I wonder if Tesla's supercharger tech was the person who finally let the inspector into the cabinets. Permit report remains confusing- but it's turned on! And there's always the OIT charger as a back-up in case an inspection hang-fire closes it briefly. But I doubt any remaining paperwork will interfere. Klamath Falls isn't Plantation, FL;)

I'm planning on going to Crater Lk this summer. Did you use any of the Tesla destination chargers located at Crater Lk?

We drove right by the turn off to the Destination Charger. I would recommend plotting directly to the station if you need it, as we were hoping to see it on the way and it would have required getting off the main road to see the village at all. Depending on the time of year, this is what you can expect to see along the way:

File Mar 20, 7 52 57 AM.png

I'm planning on going to Crater Lk this summer. Did you use any of the Tesla destination chargers located at Crater Lk?
used it last summer right before doing this video:

The station worked great. Also had a standard j1772. they are on 208v. Not much to do if your waiting for your car to charge. You could grab a bite to eat. I definately recommend charging up before entering the park. The very VERY steep grade to get TO the charging station, followed by a short downhill into the park, followed by some EXTREME uphill inside the park. Yes, you will get regen going down, but if the park is busy, you could be STUCK SITTING IN TRAFFIC going UPHILL which will require quite a bit of power. We gave up and left because it was so busy.

IMG_3703.JPG

I was able to charge here today and leave 5 stalls open while staying hitched. Nobody else showed up during my charge. This white hatched area makes it easy to pull forward without blocking ICE spots. I tried pulling into the single pull through location but the trailer blocked one of the main through ways to some degree. It appeared to annoy drivers so I figured I'd try this method. Success!

Today was my first visit to this Supercharger. I came in from Ashland and was heading north to Bend for the eclipse. I was concerned that this location would be jammed today after my experience yesterday at Mt Shasta where there were up to 6 cars waiting while we were there at around noon. But today at 12:30 at this location -- which of course has double the number of chargers that Shasta has -- there were stalls available and no waiting during the 45 minutes we were there.

And there were three white X's lined up. When I took this photo, the two chargers at the end of the row were empty.
IMG_4234.JPG