Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Knockrow (Byron Bay) NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can always make a polite inquiry. It is a "public work" in a way and you are an interested party. A "cunning plan" might be to go to the Local Council and "complain" that "damned Supercharger, what-its-dingy-name that those bloody yanks are going to build, and it's going to scare your chooks..." and see what sort of reception/defence is given. Quote the DA number so you know they are serious :eek:

It has to be The Farm! I was at the Top Marques show in Monaco a week or so ago and spoke to the Head of Superchargers in Europe. Interestingly, he said that in Germany, SC's are predominantly located near fast food while in France, they're predominantly located near quality restaurants. Please let us be more like the French :)

Good news... looks like the DA is now APPROVED...
The Farm DA Approved.jpg

Reactions: LGGD and Chuq
I once did a ‘short’ top up at Stocklands Glendale (J1772). That was painfully long for little gain although it meant that I made Port which I otherwise wouldn’t have. Mangrove Mike kindly offered his but he wasn’t there on the weekend & I didn’t have the right adapter at the time. Where are the other 32A options?

Mike's is one. There is another in the CBD. This is taken from plugshare. Mike's is at the top of the map. There another HPWC (at 'The Hill') but I have not copied their details in here. Contact details are available on Plugshare though. There is also a bunch of HPWC destination chargers in the Valley but is slightly further out of the way.
upload_2016-5-3_13-57-18.png
upload_2016-5-3_13-58-30.png

upload_2016-5-3_13-58-30.png

upload_2016-5-3_13-57-18.png

Any scuttlebutt about the SC in the farm? :)

I was talking to the Tesla guy (God forgive me, I cannot bring his name to mind for the moment) at The Farm on the 15/05/2016 event. I asked him about whether Tesla was going to go ahead with The Farm now that it had local government approval and he said something like 'I wouldn't have given up my Sunday to come here if they were not'. Looks close to a confirmation to me.

Reactions: Vegas
I was talking to the Tesla guy (God forgive me, I cannot bring his name to mind for the moment) at The Farm on the 15/05/2016 event. I asked him about whether Tesla was going to go ahead with The Farm now that it had local government approval and he said something like 'I wouldn't have given up my Sunday to come here if they were not'. Looks close to a confirmation to me.

What??? I thought he just loved hanging out with us ;-)