TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Knockrow (Byron Bay) NSW

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Chuq, Apr 15, 2016.

1. NovoCasGreeny

NovoCasGreeny Member

Wow, they sure do things differently in QLD, looks like they landed and connected the substation in the same day!! Ausgrid make you wait two weeks to do the same in NSW!

2. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

This is not in Queensland. There are no Superchargers in Queensland.

3. NovoCasGreeny

NovoCasGreeny Member

Sure isn't, moving house, picking up my Tesla and driving up the coast in the last five days took it's toll on my mental capacity. They must have a different grid provider in that area though, certainly seems to be a different approach in Northern NSW vs Newcastle/Sydney.

4. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

IMG_4711.JPG IMG_4701.JPG IMG_4699.JPG
    Australia's newest and most northern Supercharger is now active.

• Like x 5
  5. stuartg99

stuartg99 Member

That's great news! we are just leaving Coffs. Thanks for posting. Coffs is at the very top of the hill.

6. gcgp

gcgp Member

• Like x 1
  7. gcgp

gcgp Member

I wonder if last night's software update has to do with the new superchargers being put on the map?

8. Jmac

Jmac Member

Driving up from Syd to Bris and perfect timing - first to use since commissioning yesterday ;/) great breaky and solar everywhere - well done team!

Attached Files:

9. Jmac

Jmac Member

It's a slow trip today Stuart with road works - but worth it when you get here!!

10. NovoCasGreeny

NovoCasGreeny Member

They're now showing up on the map

11. Zoltrix77

Zoltrix77 Member

Great news! I think quite a few of us doubted if the Syd-Brs coridor would be completed be year end 2016!

Can someone grab some photos of the hitched trailer parking spot and surrounds?

12. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

Correctly so, it isn't. Brisbane hasn't been installed.

13. brewster

brewster Member

You are correct of course, however, now with Knockrow up, I will be able to visit a relation on Bribie Island, north of Brisbane from Portland, Vic., only using the Supercharger network in between.

14. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

Yes. That is true. If you can find sufficient charging where you are staying in South East Queensland then you are fine. Unfortunately not every visitor is in that position.

15. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

I think myself and around 3 or 4 others charged there yesterday. (See above).

16. gcgp

gcgp Member

IMG_4729.JPG

Yahoo! First supercharging for me! :)

One issue, though. The macadamia castle's rubbish bin is just behind the superchargers and I could definitely smell something rubbishy.

17. NovoCasGreeny

NovoCasGreeny Member

I think this is a bit overly critical, I completely agree if they had Brisbane on the map then they should have installed it but it is not strictly correct to say that to get from Mel-Bris you need a SC in Brisbane. Knockrow is only 170 km south of Brisbane so even in a 60 you should be able to stop for a decent charge at the Castle and have plenty of charge remaining in Brisbane. There is huge chunk of the 2016 plan not implemented globally, so we're not alone. I am quite impressed with what Tesla have achieved to date for such a large country and such a small number of cars. Globally for a car company to have independently installed over 700 fast charging locations and 4500 charging points is a fantastic achievement in a few short years.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  18. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

#178 LGGD, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Brisbane was on the map for 2016. Who knows when it will happen. Heatherbrae was on the map for 2015 and it happened a year later.

Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast regions were also on the 2014/15 map for 2016 then disappeared (along with Canberra and South Coast of NSW).

I guess it's nice to have this supercharger network all ready to go a week or so after you take delivery and to be located right in the middle of it. Others have been waiting for over two years for it and all Queensland Superchargers have been canceled or missed. Everyone has different experiences and perspectives.

19. championi

championi Member

IMG_9673.JPG
    Had some company at Macadamia today!

• Like x 3
  20. championi

championi Member

IMG_9676.JPG