Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Knockrow (Byron Bay) NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4711.JPG
IMG_4701.JPG
IMG_4699.JPG

Australia's newest and most northern Supercharger is now active.

You are correct of course, however, now with Knockrow up, I will be able to visit a relation on Bribie Island, north of Brisbane from Portland, Vic., only using the Supercharger network in between.

Yes. That is true. If you can find sufficient charging where you are staying in South East Queensland then you are fine. Unfortunately not every visitor is in that position.

Correctly so, it isn't. Brisbane hasn't been installed.
I think this is a bit overly critical, I completely agree if they had Brisbane on the map then they should have installed it but it is not strictly correct to say that to get from Mel-Bris you need a SC in Brisbane. Knockrow is only 170 km south of Brisbane so even in a 60 you should be able to stop for a decent charge at the Castle and have plenty of charge remaining in Brisbane. There is huge chunk of the 2016 plan not implemented globally, so we're not alone. I am quite impressed with what Tesla have achieved to date for such a large country and such a small number of cars. Globally for a car company to have independently installed over 700 fast charging locations and 4500 charging points is a fantastic achievement in a few short years.

I think this is a bit overly critical, I completely agree if they had Brisbane on the map then they should have installed it but it is not strictly correct to say that to get from Mel-Bris you need a SC in Brisbane. Knockrow is only 170 km south of Brisbane so even in a 60 you should be able to stop for a decent charge at the Castle and have plenty of charge remaining in Brisbane. There is huge chunk of the 2016 plan not implemented globally, so we're not alone. I am quite impressed with what Tesla have achieved to date for such a large country and such a small number of cars. Globally for a car company to have independently installed over 700 fast charging locations and 4500 charging points is a fantastic achievement in a few short years.

Brisbane was on the map for 2016. Who knows when it will happen. Heatherbrae was on the map for 2015 and it happened a year later.

Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast regions were also on the 2014/15 map for 2016 then disappeared (along with Canberra and South Coast of NSW).

I guess it's nice to have this supercharger network all ready to go a week or so after you take delivery and to be located right in the middle of it. Others have been waiting for over two years for it and all Queensland Superchargers have been canceled or missed. Everyone has different experiences and perspectives.

Last edited: