Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Knockrow (Byron Bay) NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you plan a trip past Knockrow at the moment, it recommends charging to 100% at Coffs, and does not put Knowrow into the journey plan.

If you touch the Supercharger icon in the car it actually says the SC is closed with reduced service.
That's good to know but I wonder how quickly that information is updated. Is it "instantaneous" or only updated after complaints have been made?

I'll be going thru there over the weekend, on a road trip from Canberra to Brisbane. Hopefully it behaves itself for me.

I guess I'll make sure we get a full charge in Coffs, just in case.

Hi Beritknight
We are passing through Knockrow heading north on Monday and would welcome a brief report here on how the charger behaved.
Thanks in advance. I will do the same on Monday night when I find internet.

Hi Beritknight
We are passing through Knockrow heading north on Monday and would welcome a brief report here on how the charger behaved.
Thanks in advance. I will do the same on Monday night when I find internet.

Right now it's a SLOWpocharger - max I saw was 57kW or around 260 km/h. Still it's Byron, so a great opportunity to be at one with the green tree frogs, do some deep breathing & chant your mantra while you feel the stress wash away.

We charged at Knockrow yesterday (Monday) and the initial rate was about 90 kW at about 30% charge falling to about 35 kW at about 86% charge when we left. There was another model S sharing the charging area initially, followed by another S and and X. In all, we were pleasantly surprised. This charge rate was not too different from the charge rate we saw earlier at Coffs with another Model S using the other charger.

IMG_1091.JPG
Byron Bay library CHAdeMO does limit to 33 minutes - 25.2 kWh.

100% was actually 83% SOC.

• Informative
Reactions: RichardMcN
We ended up skipping Macadamia Castle on our way North, detoured to see some family and then went straight on to the Gold Coast and Tim's destination charger at Hi Ho.

Stopped there on the way home and it was fine, but we left Brisbane with a fairly full battery, so it was never going to charge at full speed. It had us full by the time we were ready to leave, so that's all we needed.

Pancakes were good and the amusement park side will be good when the little one is a little older.