Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Knoxville, TN - Neyland Drive

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Supporting Member
Jul 12, 2017
Springfield, VA
That is based on this thread :)

As soon as someone confirms here that the hardware is gone, it will be removed from SC.i. Anyone in Knoxville?

Yep - I’m aware of how supercharge.info works. @MarcoRP who posted right before me is one of the moderators who updates it.

For what it’s worth, Neyland Drive has also disappeared from the car navigation. If supercharge.info moderators are waiting for visual confirmation that the equipment is no longer on site, then I guess that explains why it hasn’t been removed yet. IMO, that seems excessive since it has already disappeared from the cars and from PlugShare.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP

verygreen

Curious member
Jan 16, 2017
TN
If supercharge.info moderators are waiting for visual confirmation that the equipment is no longer on site, then I guess that explains why it hasn’t been removed yet. IMO, that seems excessive since it has already disappeared from the cars and from PlugShare.
if it's still physically there and usable - there's some rationale to keep it listed though, don't you think?

Reactions: ChrisC

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Supporting Member
Jul 12, 2017
Springfield, VA
if it's still physically there and usable - there's some rationale to keep it listed though, don't you think?

Yes, of course. But nobody has come forth with evidence of this site still being open and active. Two sources (Tesla navigation and PlugShare) suggest it’s closed.

Does the site just stay listed as active on supercharge.info until someone comes along and posts a picture of the vacant parking lot with no charging equipment?

RTPEV

Mar 21, 2016
Durham, NC
Yes, of course. But nobody has come forth with evidence of this site still being open and active. Two sources (Tesla navigation and PlugShare) suggest it’s closed.

Does the site just stay listed as active on supercharge.info until someone comes along and posts a picture of the vacant parking lot with no charging equipment?

FWIW, the Warsaw, NC Supercharger disappeared from the car's nav system (Supercharger Proposal for NC - Warsaw, NC) but it did continue to operate for quite some time until the Superchargers were actually physically taken away. It did NOT disappear from plugshare though, so there is that.

Reactions: jsight and Big Earl

dhanson865

Feb 16, 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reactions: FMinMI

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC