Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Knoxville, TN - Neyland Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
86CDD312-A096-45CA-98FB-3534B61C37EC.png
Yeah. I thought this was a mistake when I saw it on my Tesla App.

• Informative
Reactions: Zaxxon and MarcoRP
I see, thanks.
So this one is shared? I did not see any markings to this effect though.

It's just the way those temporary pallet chargers are made. They have 3 chargers on each stall so they have options when installing. Only 2 of the 3 chargers are ever active once installed though. Looking closer at them, really there's no way you could use all three at once even if you wanted to.

It's just the way those temporary pallet chargers are made. They have 3 chargers on each stall so they have options when installing. Only 2 of the 3 chargers are ever active once installed though. Looking closer at them, really there's no way you could use all three at once even if you wanted to.
certainly can try to use all three on the unit to the left. - just need to park against the lines

certainly can try to use all three on the unit to the left. - just need to park against the lines
Ok that's fair. I guess I meant when they are set up in a normal parking lot type arrangement. If it's a free for all, then yes, you could manage all three. I'm pretty sure that they aren't capable of running 3 at once though, just 2.

Does a visit count towards your superchargers visited count if its a temp site?

I hope so. I just charged here and all stalls were delivering about 60 kW (minus 7 for battery heating when that was active). It’s kind of nice since it keeps the chargers in the lower tier of 11 cents per minute.

Great waterfront location with clean public restrooms. The food at Calhoun’s is good.

BED3E260-9B56-4D28-8160-08954E9BFAEE.jpeg

if they ever get their act together they'll get rid of these temp units and add

* a service/delivery center in Knoxville
* a store/gallery (could be at the same location as the service center)

* a supercharger east of the knox county border (I-40 exit 398 (Strawberry Plains pike), exit 407 (near Kodak), or exit 417 (Dandridge / hwy 92)
These locations serve I-81 Northeast, I-40 east, and traffic into Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg south of I-40.

* a supercharger north of knox county at I-75 exit 122 (Clinton)

If they want to put a urban location downtown, on top of all that, they can; but I'd rather have them on the periphery so I can hit them on the way out of town.

oh yeah, and the other place near Knoxville I'd touch on here.

It'd be nice to have a set of the new urban style superchargers in Maryville servicing the city of Maryville, the airport in Alcoa (aka the Knoxville Airport), and the Townsend entrance to the Great Smokey Mountains National Park.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rb48888 and duunoit