Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kremmling, CO - Park Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
A fellow TMC member passed this email on to me. Details are sparse so far but the town of Kremmling has confirmed that a Tesla Supercharger will be located at the Kum & Go at 605 Park Ave, Kremmling, CO 80459.

I wouldn't expect anything soon but maybe once things warm up in May or June we'll start seeing signs of construction. If anyone is passing through later this spring, please stop by and check things out.

upload_2020-4-13_16-28-6.png

Hopefully that means Steamboat is coming soon too. The charger in the town at the chamber of commerce is great in a pinch but it's not fast enough to use regularly for road trips. That Kum & Go is in a great spot in town no matter if you are using US-40 or CO-9 as it is right on the corner.

Distances:
Steamboat - Via US-40: 52 Miles
Silverthorne - Via CO-9: 37 Miles
Estes Park - Via US-40 & US-34 (Seasonal): 89 Miles
Glenwood Springs - Via Trough Road, CO-131, and I-70: 84 Miles
Idaho Springs:
Via CO-9 & I-70: 72 Miles
Via US-40 & I-70: 81 Miles​

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkeR2002
Doh, when I saw a new supercharger in CO, I thought it might be in the SW near Ridgway or Durango... I just need to be patient.

This one is good though. I was traveling from Utah to Estes Park and drove up Trough road (a beautiful back country dirt road) to Kremmling.

Fingers crossed for both Steamboat AND Craig!
Those two would make my personal "over the river and through the woods" actually possible.
Maybe when things loosen up, I'll be able to do some scouting.

I'm glad Colorado is getting more chargers away from the I70 corridor, but southwestern Colorado is needing some love.
My ideal charger locations:
Montrose
Telluride
Gunnison (or Crested Butte, even if it's just an urban charger)
Durango
Craig
Fort Collins
@MorrisonHiker mentioned another possible location of Ridgway, CO. I really want to return to that area of Colorado to do some more exploring, but in my Tesla this time. ( or maybe Cybertruck ;) )

@MorrisonHiker mentioned another possible location of Ridgway, CO. I really want to return to that area of Colorado to do some more exploring, but in my Tesla this time. ( or maybe Cybertruck ;) )
Ridgway is also discussed in the Montrose thread.

Tesla offered the city of Montrose an opportunity to have a Supercharger, at a paltry sum of one hundred thousand dollars, while in Ridgway, Tesla approached the city while seemingly offering the Supercharger at no cost at all to the city, considering they provide the land for the Supercharger.

It also seems Durango will take preference over Telluride

Ridgway is also discussed in the Montrose thread.

Tesla offered the city of Montrose an opportunity to have a Supercharger, at a paltry sum of one hundred thousand dollars, while in Ridgway, Tesla approached the city while seemingly offering the Supercharger at no cost at all to the city, considering they provide the land for the Supercharger.

It also seems Durango will take preference over Telluride

What's the scoop on Durango?

Hopefully that means Steamboat is coming soon too. The charger in the town at the chamber of commerce is great in a pinch but it's not fast enough to use regularly for road trips. That Kum & Go is in a great spot in town no matter if you are using US-40 or CO-9 as it is right on the corner.

Distances:
Steamboat - Via US-40: 52 Miles
Silverthorne - Via CO-9: 37 Miles
Estes Park - Via US-40 & US-34 (Seasonal): 89 Miles
Glenwood Springs - Via Trough Road, CO-131, and I-70: 84 Miles
Idaho Springs:
Via CO-9 & I-70: 72 Miles
Via US-40 & I-70: 81 Miles​

To add:

Kremmling, CO

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-40
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: None

US-40

From: Start (I-80 I-80 Silver Creek Junction, UT) - 358.7 miles
To: Idaho Springs, CO - 81.2 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Lakewood, CO - 106.3 miles

To: Laramie, WY (US-40,CO-14,CO-125,CO-127/WY-230) - 125.5 miles
To: Salt Lake City, UT (US-40, I-80) - 382.5 miles
To: Rock Springs, WY (US-40,CO-13/WY-789,I-80) - 270.4 miles
To: Rawlins, WY (US-40,CO-14,CO-125/WY-230,I-80) - 169.1 miles

Makes a connection to Steamboat Springs.

Looks like Craig, CO (about 94 miles away), at the intersection of US-40/CO-13 should be the prior location along US-40.

Reactions: Solarman004