Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kuttawa, Kentucky

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is traveling I - 24 over the Holidays, please check the status of the new station behind the Hampton Hotel at Highway 62, ( Exit 40). JoeMap posted pictures on the Paducah thread recently, and the construction symbol on the Supercharge.info site indicates there will be 8 stalls. I talked with the desk clerk at Hampton this week and she is aware of the construction, but has no information about the completion date. Any info and pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks, Handlebar's 14 S

By request, attached are the pictures I took two weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3136.JPG
    IMG_3136.JPG
    375.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3139.JPG
    IMG_3139.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Just a comment - mods may be reluctant to merge threads on the chance that there will also be a Paducah site in future.

No other Kentucky locations are on Tesla's 2017 list. There is an existing site in Jackson TN, and planned sites in Marion IL and Hurricane Mills TN. So it seems Paducah is not on the cards (unless things change) and this thread can be safely merged with Kuttawa.

Note - this went live on the Tesla website the same time as Moosic PA. Local Pennsylvanians have found the site live on their in car nav as well - but upon visiting the site it is still under construction. Be cautious of visiting the Kuttawa site in case Tesla have made a bulk error in publishing these sites early.

I charge here every couple of months. I've noticed that the live update on usage seems to always over count the number of people using it. Anyone else notice that? Two weeks ago I was traveling to it, and my map in the car said there were 6 chargers in use. When I got there only one was in use. A few days later it said two were in use and upon my arrival there were none in use.

It was back online as of Jan 3, 2020 when we stopped there. An employee of the Oasis restaurant next to it said that it was down for a few days and a number of people got stranded. Some apparently were looking to get towed back to Nashville. He said it wasn't Tesla but something to do with the local electric company. No details beyond that, but a bit scary to hear, as without this location making it between southern Illinois and Nashville is either impossible or a very long out-of-the-way trip. Would really prefer a charger in Paducah, but doubtful that will materialize anytime in the next few years.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
It was back online as of Jan 3, 2020 when we stopped there. An employee of the Oasis restaurant next to it said that it was down for a few days and a number of people got stranded. Some apparently were looking to get towed back to Nashville. He said it wasn't Tesla but something to do with the local electric company. No details beyond that, but a bit scary to hear, as without this location making it between southern Illinois and Nashville is either impossible or a very long out-of-the-way trip. Would really prefer a charger in Paducah, but doubtful that will materialize anytime in the next few years.
Yeah, I had just enough to make it to a destination charger at a Paducah hotel to charge enough to my next Supercharger stop. Thankfully they were kind enough to help out.