Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kyle, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kyle, TX

Along Primary Interstates: I-35
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-35

To: Austin - Travis Heights, TX (Permit) - 18.7 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Austin, TX - 24.8 miles

To: College Station, TX (Permit) (I-35, TX-45, TX-71, TX-21, TX-47, TX-FM60) - 122.5 miles
To: Giddings, TX (I-35, TX-45, TX-71, TX-21, US-290) - 72.9 miles
To: Flatonia, TX (I-35, TX-80, US-183,I-10, TX-FM609) - 67.1 miles
To: Victoria, TX (I-35, TX-80, US-183, US-8, TX-185) - 114.4 miles
To: Junction, TX (TX-FM1626, TX-RM967, TX-RM1826, TX-RM12, US-290, I-10, US-377) - 140.5 miles
To: Midland,TX ( TX-FM1626, TX-45, TX-RM1826, US-290, l, TX-71, US-87, TX-158, I-20) - 331.5 miles

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
Agree. We need way more between Austin and DFW. Waco is a nightmare, maybe a bit less so with the added 250kw stations, but still always loaded up. Georgetown? Temple? Hillsboro?
I agree. Just took my first trip from San Antonio to DFW and the Waco charger is currently a nightmare with the construction in the area, though having the V3’s there seems to help.

Reactions: Jmolloy3
It feels as if the DFW-Austin route is under perennial construction for the last 15 years, one section or the other. All construction in DFW-Houston seems to be completed and in good shape, but Austin route is just a mess and has been that way for over a decade.

Last edited:
It feels as if the DFW-Austin route is under perennial construction for the last 15 years, one section or the other. All construction in DFW-Houston seems to be completed and in good shape, but Austin route is just a mess and has been that way for over a decade.
I think you may have meant to say "perpetual" construction - since NAFTA was passed. Like 45 from Galveston to Dallas since Hurricane Rita (?). Like the 10 freeway from Jacksonville to Santa Monica since Juan Ponce de León. Average cost to build per freeway mile, $7 million taxpayer dollars now, $350K in 1980s. The average cost for a SuC, $100K (?). So I think we should have many more SuCs. Just having fun.

Temple . Need one there.

I saw some chatter here that the Dealers are putting up some resistance from having a Tesla SC there.
Still happening, or are you referring to what happened in 2013? I see you’ve been around long enough to remember that Temple was on the original plan along with Hillsboro to cover the Austin- Dallas route. Political pressure from the dealers caused Temple to reject a supercharger, and that’s how we got Waco.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and CarlS
Still happening, or are you referring to what happened in 2013? I see you’ve been around long enough to remember that Temple was on the original plan along with Hillsboro to cover the Austin- Dallas route. Political pressure from the dealers caused Temple to reject a supercharger, and that’s how we got Waco.
Yes, I remember that. So looks like that has not changed.

Funnily, this reminds me of the movie "Fallen" and all the spoofs that we have seen floating around. Someone should make a spoof of Tesla completely encircling Temple, TX and the TADA chief getting all flustered :)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Stolen from facebook. Looks like they are moving fast at this location.

202981210_546936562984088_3902648278281482549_n.jpg

the prefab installs seem to only need the connections to the transformer, so that should be the only trenching.
This would explain why the completion dates are so aggressive - at least compared to the old individual stall versions.
At this rate I wouldn't be a shocked to see all the permitted SCs in this area to be completed this year.