Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - La Quinta, CA (LIVE 14 Sep 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The skinny box made it on the news (not the charger itself) because it was adjacent to a palm tree that fell in storm Hilary, and the news photographer photographed the tree blocking the shopping center entrance. No mention of the supercharger in the article.

on 9/1/23 observed 8 / 250 Finished chargers. Electric company IID was pulling large cables 200 feet away at a junction box. I asked if they had an open date, and they only would say, not sure since they had a lot of work to do, since the area was not prepared for that kind of heavy draw.
IMG_6396.jpeg

You beat me to it. I'm visiting it right now and there are two Teslas charging at the moment. At last and I look forward to not having the drive all the way down here to check the progress again anytime soon, lol. But I still haven't seen anything closer to the 111 yet at that site but let me take another look.

Attachments

• IMG20230916121249.jpg
    IMG20230916121249.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG20230916121252.jpg
    IMG20230916121252.jpg
    710.1 KB · Views: 41
Hmm, I think they all do. What's this supposed to mean anyway? Anyone can park there if it's 30 minutes or less? The way these spots are situated in the parking lot I don't see this being a huge problem but why even do this?
Because that’s the best they could get from either the landlord or the city permit (the buildings the parking lot services will have parking stall requirements and maybe can’t dedicated 8 stalls to charging).

There’s a new one in Solana Beach, for instance, where each stall is marked as dedicated Tesla EV charging, but it’s in a large ground floor parking garage that is mostly empty.

• Helpful
Reactions: Falcon73 and bmah
Does anyone charge here regularly? Is the charging speed normally good? I’ve tried charging here a couple times in the past three days, at low SOC, with pre-conditioning ~ 20 min while driving, could only must 140kw peak, and then another time again about ~ 10 min pre-conditioning, 25% SOC, could only muster 72, then quickly down to 65kw. Seemed VERY slow overall? Not sure if they are throttled in the AM as solar maybe hasn’t kicked in yet from the utility? Regardless, it’s not on my list of best options for quick charging if needed.