Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - La Quinta, CA - CA-111 (permit expired July 2023, 20 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the update. It's great to see more happening in the Desert. It's also not far from my parents' house and close to their church.
If you happen to be in the area, check out this location. Supposedly the permit for this 8 station one has been granted, so it might start construction soonish.

Reactions: Falcon73
Just like the other La Quinta site I checked out, I don't see anything going on here but it definitely looks like the first floor would be a better part of this parking garage since it's nicely covered.

The second floor has some covered parking but the first floor would definitely be better.

Attachments

• IMG20230305100643.jpg
    IMG20230305100643.jpg
    620.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG20230305100647.jpg
    IMG20230305100647.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG20230305100844.jpg
    IMG20230305100844.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Cosmacelf
Just like the other La Quinta site I checked out, I don't see anything going on here but it definitely looks like the first floor would be a better part of this parking garage since it's nicely covered.

The second floor has some covered parking but the first floor would definitely be better.
Ugg, I hate sites like this. This one is the like the newer Palm Springs site, down in the dungeon along the walls of a sub-terrain Ian parking garage.

Ugg, I hate sites like this. This one is the like the newer Palm Springs site, down in the dungeon along the walls of a sub-terrain Ian parking garage.
This one shouldn't be nearly as bad as the Palm Springs one. I charged at Palm Springs on the way out and have no plans to stop there ever again unless I'm really desperate for some reason. Yep, that one is a dungeon site and having V3s in a dungeon makes no sense to me. Those should be urban since there's much to do outside (it's in downtown Palm Springs).

This La Quinta "parkade" (I'd really like us to adopt this Canadian word) is much less busy and easier to get in and out of. Not much traffic, so unlike the PS structure mad-house.

And stalls being covered in the Desert is a really good thing!

This one shouldn't be nearly as bad as the Palm Springs one. I charged at Palm Springs on the way out and have no plans to stop there ever again unless I'm really desperate for some reason. Yep, that one is a dungeon site and having V3s in a dungeon makes no sense to me. Those should be urban since there's much to do outside (it's in downtown Palm Springs).

This La Quinta "parkade" (I'd really like us to adopt this Canadian word) is much less busy and easier to get in and out of. Not much traffic, so unlike the PS structure mad-house.

And stalls being covered in the Desert is a really good thing!
The PS one could be better if the V3 stalls could only delivery some decent kWh.. I have been there three times now, never have gotten more than 90 kWh delivered regardless of SOC. Not with many other Tesla there either.

Coverage is great and needed - I DO like the free city OTL site, although only limited speeds. I just don’t like the time suck it can often take to navigate either up or down several levels in a parking garage to get to the SC. It also can often throw off what the real CURRENT USAGE is since so many cars are either in a long process of exiting or entering-plugging in, and add the LATENCY of the actual stalls being used and I’ve come to places like this and found either only 1 or none stalls when while entering the garage it might have shown 5-7 available.

Reactions: Falcon73
Sorry to be off topic but is this a free DCFC? Where is it located? Thanks!
I don’t think they are DCFC (if that means FAST charge or L2 chargers) but rathe the FREE Tesla destination chargers — and there are some chargepoint there as well that are I THINK free too which are located at the OTLQ city center offices.. only maybe 4-6 overall, but they were free last time I was there and put in ~40 mph? so it’s definitely NO SC or speed, but free is nice.

Since there weren’t any CP or other chargers at or near the house I was renting - and I couldn’t gain access to the Garage there either! - I simply drove over there early in the morning (I’m up at 05:15 anyway) and parked the car there, walked to a Starbucks .4 mile away, worked there a bit, came back, worked in the car a bit.

There are also some FREE Tesla destination chargers at the OTLQ community center just east of downtown. Four I think, all free.

Reactions: Limited
This permit has expired. Not likely to be real, with this one close to completion?

Still nothing going on here. Maybe Circle K will put a station here? It's a good location for chargers if ANY kind.

Attachments

• IMG20230916124320.jpg
    IMG20230916124320.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG20230916123637.jpg
    IMG20230916123637.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG20230916123547.jpg
    IMG20230916123547.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG20230916123854.jpg
    IMG20230916123854.jpg