Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lacey, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla is starting to ramp up superchargers again. After a central Oregon permit showed up a couple weeks ago, we have a Lacy, Washington permit! (By Blackstone, a regular contractor for superchargers lately)

This is a little odd to see since it’s very close to the Tumwater location, but this will improve redundancy and obviously help with crowding in a highly populated area.

The OneCall... Search and Status

Looks to be in a parking lot of a target... Applebee’s and Starbucks and donut place on the same side of the road within a couple hundred feet. Fred Meyer across the road and a McDonalds, Wendy’s, and Arby’s across across the road also...

E4CC578A-C8B9-41C9-AD88-F8D58FCE3587.png 983726CC-1A41-4663-8D50-C7A5CBC57E36.png

Good to see some supercharger activity in the Pacific Northwest again... but still waiting on Boardman, OR and Yakima, WA... arguably more useful locations to fill in for winter travel or towing...

Note that MarcoRP has already liked your post so is in the process of adding this now.

By the way, I'm guessing the band Sleater Kinney is from around this area? :D
Yessir. For some reason that band seemed to be more popular internationally than within the United States. Was always amusing to us locals when you'd meet someone from a different country who had heard of that street. I spent 10 years of my life attending schools on Sleater-Kinney Rd.

FWIW, I think this location is good, but not GREAT. I would have preferred Hawk's Prairie about 3 miles to the east. Most of this area was built up in the 60s-80s era while Hawks Prairie has been built up in more recent years so there is newer and nicer stuff. But this is near the freeway and there are a lot of businesses within walking distance so it isn't all bad.

Need a moderator to change the thread title to "Supercharger - Lacey, WA."

I don't believe there is a moderator specific to the Northwest forum, so I'll once again call upon @bmah to assist. I can't tolerate any more than a day or two of looking at the "Lacy" misspelling lol.

Got it. No disrespect to the OP, but that’d bug the heck out of me too. :)

Bruce.

Reactions: Chuq and PLUS EV
Same here. Live in Lacey, best guesses are the Fred Meyer/Target at Sleater Keanny or up in the commercial area around Marvin Rd. Have been checking Olympia and Lacey permitting intermittently without luck. Even messaged the governors office a while back and they said they haven’t heard of any proposed projects thus far. I did try to call ADK electric, same company that built the Vancouver WA charger and they said Tesla has a proposal out for this area, was trying to get them to tell the the address but they never got back to me.

Called it!!! Quote from JUL 2018. Haha back when I was living in Lacey I was checking the permit website weekly and thought it would come in either here or up north a bit near the Costco.

Was delayed in the usual Tesla fashion but good to see it actually come in.

Looks like Tesla is starting to ramp up superchargers again. After a central Oregon permit showed up a couple weeks ago, we have a Lacy, Washington permit! (By Blackstone, a regular contractor for superchargers lately)

This is a little odd to see since it’s very close to the Tumwater location, but this will improve redundancy and obviously help with crowding in a highly populated area.

The OneCall... Search and Status

Looks to be in a parking lot of a target... Applebee’s and Starbucks and donut place on the same side of the road within a couple hundred feet. Fred Meyer across the road and a McDonalds, Wendy’s, and Arby’s across across the road also...

View attachment 550557 View attachment 550558

Good to see some supercharger activity in the Pacific Northwest again... but still waiting on Boardman, OR and Yakima, WA... arguably more useful locations to fill in for winter travel or towing...
Is the placement of your pin accurate? Supercharge.info just has the pin right on top of South Sound Center so it obviously won't be there. I scouted this location years ago and the best spot would be near the Starbucks, which was built 2 years ago. At the time, I was wishfully thinking that they might install a supercharger at the same time. I have a feeling though, that this will be in the Target portion of the parking lot as many superchargers are.

Is the placement of your pin accurate? Supercharge.info just has the pin right on top of South Sound Center so it obviously won't be there. I scouted this location years ago and the best spot would be near the Starbucks, which was built 2 years ago. At the time, I was wishfully thinking that they might install a supercharger at the same time. I have a feeling though, that this will be in the Target portion of the parking lot as many superchargers are.

yeah and it’s nice that you can efficiently use charging to advantage when SOC is low. We used to bounce back between Tacoma and PDX almost every weekend.

It’s probably fairly accurate. The permit says between the Rite Aid and Bank of America.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Interesting, another OneCall has shown up for the exact same location with the same details but for “Net Vision Undergound” as the company.... comments just mention installing a supercharger...

“NETVISION INC is a construction type company, specializes in trenchless technology, with a focus on water line replacement and repair. We have been in the market for over 19 years, we currently have about 70 employees.

We work together to plan all work projects based on safety, efficiency, and high-quality standards. We have the capability for trenchless utility installation using pneumatic powered tools and horizontal directions drills. We also have teams to work on hard surface construction, inside cabling, and aerial drops.”

From their Facebook page... they have a web site but it’s hardly put together. Sounds like they are a company that specializes in running utilities... wonder if something needs moved... or if Blackstone is just subcontracting to them so they don’t have to dig up the pavement as much... or maybe data services are being run to it? (Didn’t Elon plan at some point for WiFi to be provided at Superchargers...)