Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lacey, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: This post was moved from a thread in another section.

In the parking lot of Target off I5 and Slater Kenny Road there is a SC in the finishing stages soon to open in Lacy WA. Drove by that area for the first time in a few months and there it was! Right across from 3 fast food restaurants and in the Target parking lot not a bad location. If i can get over there I will take a pic or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little birdie told me they are looking for a full commissioning in 2 weeks.

This is an interesting configuration. Offset/opposite back to back in the island. I foresee some people backing up to the wrong stall/side and just grabbing the closest cable.

Attachments

• CB78CD8F-1144-472B-AAE3-7384EA35B90D.jpeg
    CB78CD8F-1144-472B-AAE3-7384EA35B90D.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 121

This is an interesting configuration. Offset/opposite back to back in the island. I foresee some people backing up to the wrong stall/side and just grabbing the closest cable.
I don’t think they’ll reach. Those cables are so short that unless you hit exactly the stall I don’t think there is any way to make another cable work.

Thanks for all the updates, @DSolie! Hopefully your little birdie has inside info on when PSE will install the big green utilty transformer now that the vault is in place.

True. 2 weeks until ready for commissioning could also mean 2 weeks until they are ready for PSE to come do their work.

they still haven’t reached for the feeder lines off of SK, so the vault is empty at the moment.

But I will say, when we built the Starbucks and sleep number retail pad just a block down the road, PSE was pretty quick as long as we kept them informed. We had our meters on our cabinets in about 3 days after saying GO.

I drove form Bellingham to Olympia and back to Bellingham last weekend and was really wishing this location had been open. I ended up charging at one of the 72kW locations and would have liked more juice. I assume this Lacey location is going to be 250kW? It looks like the thinner charge cables that I have seen on the 250kW stations.

I drove form Bellingham to Olympia and back to Bellingham last weekend and was really wishing this location had been open. I ended up charging at one of the 72kW locations and would have liked more juice. I assume this Lacey location is going to be 250kW? It looks like the thinner charge cables that I have seen on the 250kW stations.
Tumwater is not much of a detour and it's a v3 Supercharger. I suggest it until this one is open.

Reactions: chrstna4