Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lacey, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know. 6kW is better than nothing. Possible overnight charging spot if you want to sleep in your car when on a long trip. That’s what “camp mode” is for.

There are security patrols and one of their check-in NFC Pogs is close to that charger (so they can check on the state vehicles that are parked there 24/7, at the Chargepoint). Camping may not be too easy, but you can probably sweet talk Brian (the night security guy) into letting you stay for a few extra hours before you go on your way.

• Helpful
Reactions: chrstna4
I'm confused, what does the chargepoint meter have to do with the supercharger install?

Lots actually. Tesla builds these stations with Target. The contractor also has to install L2s for non-teslas. The site can't get final sign-off until the "site" is complete, and that includes the 2nd meter to power the CP's. I assume that Target's deal with Tesla also revolves around the entire site going live at once to be fair to all EV's.

Okay guys.. This site should be LIVE! I was there earlier as he was finishing up but couldn't test because my dang battery heater is not working so I can supercharge (service at Renton on Monday).
Are the red TESLA lights lit up? Due to the sunlight, you may need to stand right up next to them and cup your hands around your eyes like peeking through a window when it's dark.

Well.. I was with the guy when he turned them on.. :) The cabinet white light that illuminates the whip was on. I plan on heading there at 4:30 when I leave to just make sure life is grand.

Did you happen to ask him if there are any other Washington build outs set to happen this year, or if the sites they have going right now will be it before they wrap up and stop for the winter? Really curious if there is anything that'll show up on the East side of the state...

Did you happen to ask him if there are any other Washington build outs set to happen this year, or if the sites they have going right now will be it before they wrap up and stop for the winter? Really curious if there is anything that'll show up on the East side of the state...

I did not. But, for eastern WA, I assume most ground utility work like this will pause for the winter months.

Crap. I totally forgot.... the CP L2’s? Yhea. They are free.
035BB9B0-74E4-42BE-B6D9-C74992D13709.jpeg
16F5CD8E-4334-4657-B0EA-FEFF2963A5AF.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian