Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lachenaie, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pointe Claire doesn't have red bollards : Google Maps

So does Laval which is a more recent install : Google Maps
Very interesting - I see that Pointe Claire opened June 2018, and Laval opened September 2017. I also hadn't seen an urban supercharger before I looked at the Laval pictures - perhaps this will also be an urban supercharger install since those push out less juice (72kW) and likely need less infrastructure as a result, seems unlikely that it is a V2 or V3 based on the low number of conduit groupings.

• Disagree
Reactions: steilkurve
As of Sunday Dec 1, no new movement. Talked to the IGA manager and he’s heard nothing since the summer.

En date de dimanche le 1er décembre, aucun avancement dans les travaux. J’ai parlé au gérant du IGA et il n’a eu aucune nouvelle depuis l’été.

As of Sunday Dec 1, no new movement. Talked to the IGA manager and he’s heard nothing since the summer.

En date de dimanche le 1er décembre, aucun avancement dans les travaux. J’ai parlé au gérant du IGA et il n’a eu aucune nouvelle depuis l’été.
IGA Cancelled their green plan since the gouvernment cancelled the incentative for chargers. They we're supposed to have 40 fast charger installation by the end of 2019 and they only have 1. Another butched project.

IGA Cancelled their green plan since the gouvernment cancelled the incentative for chargers. They we're supposed to have 40 fast charger installation by the end of 2019 and they only have 1. Another butched project.

Which incentive program was that? There was no mention of any provincial or federal participation when the news conference was held for the one site in service.

Good point, but I still happened to go visit yesterday. No change to the Superchargers. I encountered a Spark EV owner who was trying to start a charge on the 2 DCFCs but didn’t have a ChargePoint card or account. The cost to charge at this location is $14/hr for a 62.5kW charge or free with promo code ECOIGA upon logging in.View attachment 436625 View attachment 436626

One year later, no changes...

IMG_2524.jpeg
IMG_2526.jpeg

They have government funding now for 30 DCFC in QC and NB. I guess they will be split between 15 and 20 locations.
The funding apparently came in through the back door via a program that quantity-wise is mostly for slow charging. Dollar wise more for DCFC though.

ZP-030 is IGA.

Zero Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Program – Successful Applicants | Natural Resources Canada

• Informative
Reactions: malou and MarcoRP
Given the apparent uncertainty about this location actually coming to fruition, I've renamed this thread to "Possible Location". Can change it back if actual Supercharger equipment ever appears.
Huh? I think you’re overstepping here. It’s the same setup as any other Supercharger except that no equipment has arrived yet.

Huh? I think you’re overstepping here. It’s the same setup as any other Supercharger except that no equipment has arrived yet.

I disagree, given the prolonged inactivity. Right now, there's no Supercharger here, and we have no idea when/if one will appear. It's entirely possible that some sort of deal fell through after the construction started.

We can change the name back when some Supercharger equipment actually appears on site.

I would like to preserve the title "Supercharger - Location" for locations that actually exist or are actively under construction.