Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lafayette, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Operational as of today (04/05/2020).
4CBDB462-9F7F-42CE-98C2-A4D8C03A7DAC.jpeg
8CF2DCD5-E92A-43FA-82D0-965F3E62F8F9.jpeg
4C49543C-94D2-426F-8FDE-931832268A1F.png

If you get stuck hit me up, I’ve got a bunch of charging options in Lafayette many of which aren’t on PlugShare. One of which is walking distance from the supercharger. You can find my phone number on my PlugShare in Scott.
Kind of you to offer. I really hope they can work out all these issues.This is the only V3 in the area! It's a great location, although there is some construction at Exit 104.

Stopped by Sunday evening. All stalls open, no trouble signs or evidence of issues. Very fast.
Will be glad when all the I-10 construction in the area is done, it's a little tricky to get in there from the East.
Bit of a hike to the convenience store across the way, but I'm grateful there is an SC here.

Reactions: Andrejun
I'm planning on driving through the area tomorrow, and the wife is nervous about going from Houston to Baton Rouge without hitting a charging station. I usually stop at this one. Is it up and running now since all of the storm stuff?

Touch the icon on your screen, it should report status. I looked a couple
of days ago, and I think it said something like "limited capacity".
Driving Interstate 10 through the area in anything but a Hummer might be
dicey, though. I'd check with the authorities first.
In any case, Good Luck! and let us know how you make out.

Touch the icon on your screen, it should report status. I looked a couple
of days ago, and I think it said something like "limited capacity".
Driving Interstate 10 through the area in anything but a Hummer might be
dicey, though. I'd check with the authorities first.
In any case, Good Luck! and let us know how you make out.

Yea, I saw the limited capacity from the map in my model 3. I hadn't ever seen that status before, so I was trying to be sure it was still usable.
As far as the road conditions, they should be fine. I'm born and raised in New Orleans, so I am very used to the hurricane stuff.

Great. Just making sure we are on the same page. I, too, lived in Houston and New Orleans, and a veteran of Betsy, Audrey and a couple of others. I've made that trip more times than I can remember, in everything from 4 wheelers to semis. I remember back to when we had to go through Kinder, Krotz Springs, etc. Was an all day grind back in the 60s.
Have a cafe and beignet, and a #2 with onions at Bud's Broiler for me!
And if you need a charge, the Holiday Inn on Causeway Blvd has 4 chargers around back. Nice people, they will hook you up. Tell 'em Doc sez Hey!

Will do bud. My parents actually live just off the Causeway exit, so I know that area well. But I have lived all over the city, so I know it all of it pretty well.

I was able to find an update from people who have used the charger as recent as 8/31, so post storm, and it seems to be working with just a limitation on the number of stalls, probably for the same reasons listed above.

Reactions: drdumont