Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lafayette, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made it to Lake Charles easily. I was too chicken to risk it all the way to Vidor. I charged in Lake Charles for about 15 minutes and was easily able to make it home to Vidor. I just wish I would've know Lafayette was not operational before I left New Orleans without a full charge.

Reactions: Moded3
I stopped by the Lafayette Supercharger yesterday on my way through to Houma and the lights were on, but got the unable to charge message. Tonight it shows up on the in car map. When you click on it it shows that’s it’s “Temporarily Closed”

Attachments

• B392EFFF-962A-4C79-B799-6C26D27BE57E.jpeg
    B392EFFF-962A-4C79-B799-6C26D27BE57E.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 72
I just charged at the supercharger. I rolled up, and the pedestals were dead. As I was sitting there calculating if I wanted to drive back to Baton Rouge or sit at a L2 charger for 2-3 hours a guy got out of a Chevy truck parked next to the SC site and knocked on my window. He was from Tesla and working on them. He said he’d have them on in a few minutes. He turned them back on and activated them and then my car started charging. He asked if I could move to a different pedestal to check the other charger banks and verify both were working. Nice guy, spoke to him for a few minutes and then a guy in a gold colored MS showed up. He spoke with the guy from Tesla and verified they’d be on for an event tomorrow. I don’t think it was the same car from this thread, the wheels were different.

The guy from Tesla said that the cars UI should update in a while and show the chargers as online.

I just charged at the supercharger. I rolled up, and the pedestals were dead. As I was sitting there calculating if I wanted to drive back to Baton Rouge or sit at a L2 charger for 2-3 hours a guy got out of a Chevy truck parked next to the SC site and knocked on my window. He was from Tesla and working on them. He said he’d have them on in a few minutes. He turned them back on and activated them and then my car started charging. He asked if I could move to a different pedestal to check the other charger banks and verify both were working. Nice guy, spoke to him for a few minutes and then a guy in a gold colored MS showed up. He spoke with the guy from Tesla and verified they’d be on for an event tomorrow. I don’t think it was the same car from this thread, the wheels were different.

The guy from Tesla said that the cars UI should update in a while and show the chargers as online.
@Chuq @MarcoRP

how many mph is V3?
I just charged last night at the new Hattiesburg supercharger and was getting close to 600 mph. But my battery was very low when I pulled in.
mph isn't a useful unit for discussing and comparing charging speeds with other people because it is highly affected by the efficiency of the cars. So, a Model 3 and a Model S that are actually charging at the same power will show quite different mph values. You should instead use the kW value. Then, if people feel more comfortable thinking in terms of mph they can make the appropriate conversion so that it makes sense to their experience.

mph isn't a useful unit for discussing and comparing charging speeds with other people because it is highly affected by the efficiency of the cars. So, a Model 3 and a Model S that are actually charging at the same power will show quite different mph values. You should instead use the kW value. Then, if people feel more comfortable thinking in terms of mph they can make the appropriate conversion so that it makes sense to their experience.

Yes true...
My wife's MS is quite a bit slower at the V3 (at the same area of charge) - and it won't go near as high in kWs. I think because they still use the old batteries whereas the M3 has the newer ones. This should change at the next MS refresh.

Has there been any update on the Supercharging location? It’s still marked in the app as unavailable.
I hope to be wrong, but I told my wife, this will take months and months before we see it in operation. I feel that town lacks ability for EV adoption. Although there is a lot of FB groups and personal work to push forward, the town is not electric friendly.