Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lafayette, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll check in about 30 minutes to see if any are working. In the past the temporary closure has meant that 1 or 2 individual plugs were not working.

if you get stuck I’m on PlugShare super close by and have 80 amp HPWC

Thanks Dre. I truly appreciated it! My mobile charger (UMC) stopped working on Friday and I'm now completely at the mercy of superchargers until the new one I ordered arrives. If push comes to shove, I'll check out Plugshare.

Here’s what I get.

DECB39C9-20E3-41AB-BA66-8076161EB281.jpeg

Why is this charger such a hit or miss? It's been this way since day one. First week was glorious, then after that it's all been down hill.
I visited with a service tech at this location on 10/6. He was installing a moisture barrier at the bottom of the electrical boxes and said that the problem was moisture wicking up through the concrete pads. He said that the Gen3 chargers were very sensitive to moisture.

This was my favorite stop along the way from Texas to Alabama. Stopped there each way. Close to Interstate 10 plus walking distance to the Chick-Fil-A. And near the obligatory Target.
That’s awesome to hear!
I love to hear when people say things like this about where I live.
If you find yourself here again and with a long stop, you can take a walk down to the nature station (or part way there). It’s it is all along the water once you clear Louisiana Ave. Took this picture there (right behind my house) a few hours ago.

Attachments

• 8C8B6ABD-5B7D-4F59-9B41-3A31F9DB0D5C.jpeg
    8C8B6ABD-5B7D-4F59-9B41-3A31F9DB0D5C.jpeg
    507.4 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: theothertom
That’s awesome to hear!
I love to hear when people say things like this about where I live.
If you find yourself here again and with a long stop, you can take a walk down to the nature station (or part way there). It’s it is all along the water once you clear Louisiana Ave. Took this picture there (right behind my house) a few hours ago.
I second the Nature Station. Not far from the SC station and a great little swamp/woods nature trail. They have an RV park within the grounds... we stayed there on occasion even though we're locals.