Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laguna Seca Raceway, CA (LIVE Sep 2022, 8 V3 stalls, possibly restricted access)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My point was, that only people racing could use them. Tesla driving spectators will have to drive back to town.
Again, if you’d read the thread, no one said these would be for the public.

Since there are at the racetrack they probably won’t show up on maps even if they are active. So you’d have to pay to get into the paddock area of the track to charge. Be interesting to try.

Since they are modular, installation should be about a week.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mateo83
What is the verdict here? Open to the public or only for racers? Limited hours?
I charged here last week. I went during track hours and was charged a $8 admission fee at the gate (gate guy said since its a county facility, he has to charge everyone). It was a track day as well so not sure how this would work on a non-track day or after hours, although they do have a number of gates so I imagine after hours would probably not work out. The chargers are on the paddock, an area reserved for paying racers. I spent about 10 minutes talking my way thru the bouncer since I wasn't participating in the track session, and he needed approval from someone else to let me through. Charge showed up in my charge history but to my knowledge the site is not listed on the nav nor on Find Us.

I wouldn't depend on charging there (unless participating). They always get antsy when I drive down toward the paddock on non-race days. (Usually taking folks to racing classes). There are a few other Tesla chargers nearby - maybe 10 minutes away (Monterey, Sand City, and Seaside).