Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laguna Seca Raceway, CA (LIVE Sep 2022, 8 V3 stalls, possibly restricted access)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That location is a slightly lower elevation than pit lane, and also team tents/equipment will obstruct any camera views that are pointed that direction.

Way cool to have on-site superchargers for sure, but alas, they will not be visible during race telecasts.
1656595609938.png

Looks like prime real estate right on pit lane. will be interesting to see if there are glimpses of it on tv coverage as they follow cars out of the pits.

Looks like prime real estate right on pit lane. will be interesting to see if there are glimpses of it on tv coverage as they follow cars out of the pits.

Put exit is the higher elevation (where the port-a-potty is) and the actual pit stalls are much farther back.

There may be some very brief flashes recognizable only to the Tesla community, but that’s about it.

Seems odd that they would select land that is that valuable unless they expected a benefit from people seeing the chargers. Especially since they could have just buried a long wire over to some out of the way location that wasn't in demand to put the chargers.

Seems odd that they would select land that is that valuable unless they expected a benefit from people seeing the chargers. Especially since they could have just buried a long wire over to some out of the way location that wasn't in demand to put the chargers.
Not quite sure why you consider this area valuable. If I am seeing that location correctly - it is just out of the way of race (pit) activity. I take drive school students there during non race times and that seems out of the way and probably visible to any televised event (announcers may even point them out) - which may be one reason for placement.

Not quite sure why you consider this area valuable. If I am seeing that location correctly - it is just out of the way of race (pit) activity. I take drive school students there during non race times and that seems out of the way and probably visible to any televised event (announcers may even point them out) - which may be one reason for placement.
Plus easier in and out during race sessions. Don’t have to navigate to some out of the way space to recharge.

Reactions: israndy
Since there are at the racetrack they probably won’t show up on maps even if they are active. So you’d have to pay to get into the paddock area of the track to charge. Be interesting to try.

Since they are modular, installation should be about a week.
I’ll be there at the NCRC track day on Sunday 7/31, and I hope they are operational by then. Otherwise it will be a 40m drive time round-trip to the Sand City Supercharger during lunchtime.

I was there today, and unfortunately they are not yet operational. Someone said it would take 3 monthS to get them activated, but also they were planning some event to unveil them - take that with a grain of salt.

It would have been useful today for sure. My Model S Plaid uses as much as 50% battery in track model for a 25m session, and drops the power when the battery gets too low or too hot (despite track mode pre-cooling). With sometimes just 1 hour between sessions (4 run groups, 20m each) this leaves only 20m for supercharging at Sand City given 20m there and 20m back. I couldn’t quite keep up with battery drain.

Anyhow, here’s a picture.

Attachments

• 793ECF18-EBFA-45F1-8F65-547719282928.jpeg
    793ECF18-EBFA-45F1-8F65-547719282928.jpeg
    551.3 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: house9 and Limited