Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Arrowhead, CA (LIVE 17 Nov 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla.com/FindUs Webpage for the Lake Arrowhead, CA
provides a Google Map location that can be used to localise the Supercharger location,
but I agree that there should be additional information to help finding
the underground entrance (which was mentioned in the TMC Thread #96) .

1. Here is the underground location entrance:

SuperCharger Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352  .jpg

2. Here is the garage entrance using the Village Road's Goole map street view:

SuperCharger Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352  (Street View) .jpg

Last edited:
Charged here yesterday. What a great find - really made my trip to Lake Arrowhead nicer. Glad I saw this thread a couple of days ago, because it didn't appear on the map in my car. Drove into the parking structure up to level 3 and there it is! Such a great spot to plug in and go walk along the lakefront for 15-20 minutes while charging up.

Yes, and Big Bear Lake needs some Superchargers too!
Big bear needs any kind of public chargers. Thankfully the remax up there just added a few tesla chargers but those were taken half the time. Maybe Musk hates big bear? Strange that the other ev charging companies have failed to do anything as well for such a large winter town so close to LA.
I emailed the city about it over a year ago and they claimed to be adding public chargers in a few of the public parking lots but I didn't see any evidence when I was up there a couple months ago.

Reactions: Oil Freedom
Big bear needs any kind of public chargers. Thankfully the remax up there just added a few tesla chargers but those were taken half the time. Maybe Musk hates big bear? Strange that the other ev charging companies have failed to do anything as well for such a large winter town so close to LA.
I emailed the city about it over a year ago and they claimed to be adding public chargers in a few of the public parking lots but I didn't see any evidence when I was up there a couple months ago.
Agree. All talk and no action for two years now.

Reactions: beachmiles
Agree. All talk and no action for two years now.
I don't think Musk hates Big Bear. There is likely a better reason. No nearby freeway, too few Tesla owners in Big Bear, no business owners that see cost benefit analysis and most of all in my sense - energy from PGE is virtually unavailable. Right a ways, public sentiment. Arrowhead has a different demographic. My sense, somebody in Arrowhead leveraged a relationship to install SuC. Don't know but maybe ownership of the shopping center saw the benefit. #justsayin

Reactions: iamnid
I don't think Musk hates Big Bear. There is likely a better reason. No nearby freeway, too few Tesla owners in Big Bear, no business owners that see cost benefit analysis and most of all in my sense - energy from PGE is virtually unavailable. Right a ways, public sentiment. Arrowhead has a different demographic. My sense, somebody in Arrowhead leveraged a relationship to install SuC. Don't know but maybe ownership of the shopping center saw the benefit. #justsayin
Last time I was in Big Bear, there was tons of Teslas up there. I guarantee a Supercharger would be well used.

Luckily, it's not hard to SC up to 80-90% at the bottom, get to the top and have enough to cruise around town for a few days (getting back down the hill you can actually pick up some charge), but much longer than that, a Supercharger would be really nice, but even more L2 charging would be helpful.

• Love
Last time I was in Big Bear, there was tons of Teslas up there. I guarantee a Supercharger would be well used.

Luckily, it's not hard to SC up to 80-90% at the bottom, get to the top and have enough to cruise around town for a few days (getting back down the hill you can actually pick up some charge), but much longer than that, a Supercharger would be really nice, but even more L2 charging would be helpful.
Agreed. Though, if you are up there for a few days, even charging overnight with a 110 outlet can add 50 miles. My last trip to Arrowhead, I just plugged in for a day with a 50' extension cord, and got a full charge.

I do understand Arrowhead first, as BB would be way out of the way for people going to Arrowhead, Crestline, etc. BB is definitely a destination, with no through traffic whatsoever (yes, you can drive through, but that is unusual for most). The ski resorts would be wise to put in a bank of L2 chargers (blink, etc.)

No, I don't think Musk hates Big Bear Lake or any other location, and that wasn't my point. The town itself has been talking about getting various chargers, including Superchargers, for at least two years now.

I checked just the other day and it was back on the nav. I'm assuming maybe SCE was doing line maintenace or something. They've been doing a lot of work up there.
It was probably a glitch but I never went up there to check. I say this because two days later I was at the new supercharger in Kingman, AZ and it was also showing offline in the Nav, but when I got there 3 of us were charging with no problem.

This location helps the drivers who need extra range in the mountains. There is a concern for those who charge up fully before driving down the mountain. About 13 miles regenerate back into the battery when returning to San Bernardino. For example, I would only charge my Model S to 70% or less so there is charge space for quality regenerative braking. Drivers should not overcharge the battery at the top of a mountain. Your friction brakes would suffer since regenerative braking works well to limit needing the brake pedal at several fast corners during the downhill drive.

This location helps the drivers who need extra range in the mountains. There is a concern for those who charge up fully before driving down the mountain. About 13 miles regenerate back into the battery when returning to San Bernardino. For example, I would only charge my Model S to 70% or less so there is charge space for quality regenerative braking. Drivers should not overcharge the battery at the top of a mountain. Your friction brakes would suffer since regenerative braking works well to limit needing the brake pedal at several fast corners during the downhill drive.
I would think 80%, probable even 90%, would allow for full regen. 100% would be a waste, for the reasons you mentioned

Reactions: PLUS EV
Yeah probably 85-90% is fine.

Anyways, I was meaning to post in this thread. Was here a week ago and the nav directions to the supercharger were nearly useless. The signage in the parking garage (once I even figured out the supercharger was in the garage or that there even was a garage lol) weren't much better. It reminded me of 2016-17 when the Nav directions to superchargers always sucked lol.