Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Delton, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mkjennison, Thanks 🙏🏻

5/8/2022 Update: Signage is completed! All stalls are “Tesla vehicle charging only”
The Electric meter is Installed. Looks like the only thing left is to finish the Landscaping. This location will be open by Memorial weekend. I guarantee it😉

73B5A43A-83DC-4D8C-9C51-78F7AC0FDBD8.jpeg

06DF0E6D-4243-45D9-B840-63AD35E2ED82.jpeg

9B367EF8-34D4-4E2D-984C-360FE80B5544.jpeg

724A1E52-9E25-49A9-96BD-EF4C3CE1F611.jpeg

CA6631FB-4663-4DD9-983D-08C2E399454E.jpeg

5/21/2022 Update: Unfortunately, no changes in the past 2 weeks. 😢

On another note: this weekend is the Dell’s AutoMotion Car show. It’s an absolute Zoo this weekend. It gets bigger and bigger every year with 1000’s attending. The traffic jam’s are crazy and every parking lot is a car show with everyone watching everyone else cruising the streets. Here’s the in car traffic flows and backups.

64DB59FE-9C89-416E-BF71-DBB95B679934.jpeg

The 5/20/22 Tesla Club WI newsletter says Tesla is estimating early July for the WI Dells supercharger to go live. Based on pictures I would think it could open any day, but maybe there are approvals needed behind the scenes
Finish landscaping still needs to be done. There may be delays with whom ever is contracted to do those things. Also the The site plan was modified from the one posted at the beginning of this thread string. The transformer pad was relocated south about 15 feet from the original depiction.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
5/28/2022 Update: Sadly, my prediction this one being open by Memorial weekend has not come to fruition 😞. I really expected this one to be open by now. Nothing has changed since my last photos. I guess the best we can do now is hope they flip the switch before July 4.

Are we seeing congestion at Superchargers on the Twin Cities-Chicago route? These new Superchargers seem like icing on the cake with Tomah and Menominee up.
Seems to depend on the weekend. I've seen the Hy-Vee Madison one full (before the other Madison stations were opened) and Mauston has also been full while I've been there. All these additional ones should alleviate any issues for now.

Seems to depend on the weekend. I've seen the Hy-Vee Madison one full (before the other Madison stations were opened) and Mauston has also been full while I've been there. All these additional ones should alleviate any issues for now.
Agree. The Mauston charger was necessary to get through Wisconsin, especially in the winter. Tomah and the Dells are really going to free that up. I've seen Eau Claire nearly full before, as well, but not as often as Mauston.

Are we seeing congestion at Superchargers on the Twin Cities-Chicago route? These new Superchargers seem like icing on the cake with Tomah and Menominee up.
I went through WI in January on a road trip to FL. Hit all of these chargers and I was the only one at every stop. Good to see Tesla continue to invest in infrastructure. Going to the dells in late June so I hope this one is online by then.

Now we need northern WI (Rice Lake/Trego/Hayward area)!

Reactions: DMC5180
6/5/2022 update: Sadly, nothing has changed in a few weeks now. Seems like the crew has moved on to Sturgeon Bay. The name on the construction barricades, tri-north, appears on the barricades at both locations. I suspect there is a push to get all 3 online before the end of Q2 though. There always seems to be a wave of locations (10-20) come on line just as the Q ends. Lets hope that is the case here.

Reactions: VikH
6/5/2022 update: Sadly, nothing has changed in a few weeks now. Seems like the crew has moved on to Sturgeon Bay. The name on the construction barricades, tri-north, appears on the barricades at both locations. I suspect there is a push to get all 3 online before the end of Q2 though. There always seems to be a wave of locations (10-20) come on line just as the Q ends. Lets hope that is the case here.
If Tomah and Menomonie are any indication of what's to come, we might be waiting months. Both of those locations took forever to come online, even when all work was done for weeks.

I went through WI in January on a road trip to FL. Hit all of these chargers and I was the only one at every stop. Good to see Tesla continue to invest in infrastructure. Going to the dells in late June so I hope this one is online by then.

Now we need northern WI (Rice Lake/Trego/Hayward area)!
I'll second that! If we had a supercharger in Rice Lake people going North from La Crosse/Madison would be able to skip the Eau Claire charger. There is also a dire need for a supercharger on the West side of Milwaukee (Brookfield/Delafield area).

Reactions: kgriffin and mnev
I'll second that! If we had a supercharger in Rice Lake people going North from La Crosse/Madison would be able to skip the Eau Claire charger. There is also a dire need for a supercharger on the West side of Milwaukee (Brookfield/Delafield area).
Tesla had a coming soon pin in Waukesha a couple years ago. It was eventually removed. No Idea if they had a tentative agreement with a host in that area that fell through or if it was an aspirational targeted location. Not that it should matter but that area is deep Red in the state. Maybe Business and community leaders treat Tesla as a Blue movement 🤷‍♂️. I’m sure there are plenty of Teslas in residential garages within the area though.

So I was passing through Lake Delton this evening and stopped at the Wisconsin Dells Supercharger to check progress. To my surprise the units were uncovered and lit up. A nice guy Steve was charging his Model S. He said it opened today and it now shows up on the navigation screen. Attached is a photo to show the units lit up. Hooray!

Attachments

• IMG_1747.jpeg
    IMG_1747.jpeg
    556.8 KB · Views: 72