Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Delton, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we seeing congestion at Superchargers on the Twin Cities-Chicago route? These new Superchargers seem like icing on the cake with Tomah and Menominee up.
In the Midwest, it's less about the congestion and more about spacing, especially on 90/94. It makes things a lot easier travelling these routes with a couple more spacing choices, especially with an older car.

We stopped by for some Culver's and watched at least 10 Tesla's charge while we were eating and watching a 30 minute Netflix show. Quite busy!

Attachments

• PXL_20220610_204902756.jpg
    PXL_20220610_204902756.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 111
In the Midwest, it's less about the congestion and more about spacing, especially on 90/94. It makes things a lot easier travelling these routes with a couple more spacing choices, especially with an older car.

The route was getting busy in 2019-2020 prior to Menominee and Tomah being built. Back then Mauston and Madison Hyvee were frequently full. Especially on holidays.

Certainly not complaining. Planning to drive this route soon in my new 2022 MS LR.

Exactly - Especially since the Dells are a tourist destination, where people will spend several days burning through additional charge. It's not just a waypoint to drive through, it's the midpoint of a loop for many.

For people coming from the south-west, via the Mt Pleasant -> Dubuque route, this new supercharger will easily cut a full hour out of the trip as the Dubuque->Dells->Dubuque loop wasn't possible (for many cars), necessitating a longer asymmetrical route that went through Madison on the way back south. Being able to avoid Madison will be a huuuuge time saver. 👍

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
I stopped here Sunday 6/12/22 and it was already busy (2-4 available stalls with constant people arriving and leaving). Personally I think this will be one of the most used superchargers currently in WI. Of course a supercharger on the West side of Milwaukee could be the highest used by far if one ever gets built! (as we already discussed a few weeks ago)

Shameless plug, if staying in the Dells, FREE Charging for overnight guests on our HPWC's at www.SandriftResort.com the FIRST Hotel/Motel/Resort in Wisconsin to have Dedicated EV charging since 2003! as well as one of the first businesses EVER in Tesla's Destination Charging Program (Prior to the supercharger opening, we frequently had to take Reservations for our HPWC's).

I charged here this past week twice. For a 250kW V3, it wasn't as fast as I had expected, even with warming the pack for about 20 minutes each time. I was at 30% before charging up the second time. You always want to preheat the batteries at Wisconsin SC's because they "charge" you by the minute per charging speeds. I wasn't in a hurry, so all good I guess.

But the best part of this Lake Delton SC is the crossroads it is located on. Per the Tesla routing info, it is at the corner of Gasser and Zap Avenue. Love it.

i-qzZFMMQ-M.jpg

Last edited:
I charged here this past week twice. For a 250kW V3, it wasn't as fast as I had expected, even with warming the pack for about 20 minutes each time. I was at 30% before charging up the second time. You always want to preheat the batteries at Wisconsin SC's because they "charge" you by the minute per charging speeds. I wasn't in a hurry, so all good I guess.

But the best part of this Lake Delton SC is the crossroads it is located on. Per the Tesla routing info, it is at the corner of Gasser and Zap Avenue. Love it.

i-qzZFMMQ-M.jpg
Throughout the summer, it has gotten exceedingly busy. Weekends still so now in the off-season, but summer, it was HAMMERED. We need a second location. I'm thinking the Culvers on the other end of the Dells. So both main Freeway Exits would be covered. Both Dells Culvers, and Mauston (location of Wisconsin's first Supercharger) Are all owned by the same person. Very nice gentleman!.

Reactions: Bikeman
Throughout the summer, it has gotten exceedingly busy. Weekends still so now in the off-season, but summer, it was HAMMERED. We need a second location. I'm thinking the Culvers on the other end of the Dells. So both main Freeway Exits would be covered. Both Dells Culvers, and Mauston (location of Wisconsin's first Supercharger) Are all owned by the same person. Very nice gentleman!.
Maybe by next summer the Bucees planned for DeForest will be open, that would only be 35 miles away and was planned to have a 20 stall supercharger.

He also owns the one in Black River Falls ( SuC under Construction)