Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Forest, CA - Muirlands Blvd. (LIVE 27 Feb 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Permit for a 24 V3 stalls in Lake Forest, CA (Orange County), right in the gap between Irvine and Mission Viejo. Permit/info posted by Marco on twitter. @Big Earl
Lake Forest 1.jpg
Lake Forest 2.jpg
Lake Forest 3.jpg

I assume they wanted a location off of Freeway exits like Lake Forest Dr/El Toro/Alicia but I am sure it is challenging to find a shopping center with enough parking spaces and/or a landlord who is willing to work with Tesla. This location is still not bad considering it will fill the huge gap between Irvine and shops at Mission Viejo. Per their map, more chargers are coming in Laguna Hills and Mission Viejo, so finally the South OC Tesla owners' patience is about to be paid off after a long wait.

I assume they wanted a location off of Freeway exits like Lake Forest Dr/El Toro/Alicia but I am sure it is challenging to find a shopping center with enough parking spaces and/or a landlord who is willing to work with Tesla. This location is still not bad considering it will fill the huge gap between Irvine and shops at Mission Viejo. Per their map, more chargers are coming in Laguna Hills and Mission Viejo, so finally the South OC Tesla owners' patience is about to be paid off after a long wait.
Now they just need one somewhere in Foothill Ranch & Aliso. Although the Laguna Hills one might be close enough to Aliso depending which part it's in. Laguna (Beach) REALLY REALLY needs one. They're so far away from Superchargers.

Reactions: Falcon73
You mean besides the ones in Mission Viejo, San Clemente and the two in San Juan Capistrano? Last I checked, those are all considered "South County"
Yeah, but those aren't the only cities in South County. San Juan & San Clemente are really far from Lake Forest, Aliso, Foothill Ranch, Laguna Beach. Not sure what the point of your snarky comment was, but thanks! See below:

1664917186244.png

Reactions: PStewart and SR-75
Well, you implied there were no chargers in South County and I was showing there were a few.

There just aren’t chargers in your neighborhood.
I live in IRVINE, which I stated in the very first part of my comment you're referring to. I can tell you didn't actually read it and chose to pick 1 part of my entire comment to reply to. I'm sorry I didn't specify which parts of South County I was in when there were no Superchargers. I didn't imply that there aren't any, and my statement still stands. MUCH of south county does not have superchargers.

I'm sure Tesla has their own algorithm for SC placement, but you have to assume lack of major highways (toll road excepted) and high percentage of single-family homes (i.e. garages) plays into the lack of SC in inland south county.

In any case, I heartily recommend El Conejito in this shopping center, the last remnants of the departed local chain El Conejo.

There are a few good restaurants in there. Biagio's is a classic and Barbonzai makes really good clean Lebanese food.
Chili Chutney is a great restaurant, Afghan food similar to mid-eastern, one of our favorites. The restaurant faces Muirlands and a couple doors down from the former Starbucks which closed during the pandemic. Starbucks should reopen with the SC station going in.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJTZZLA
I live in IRVINE, which I stated in the very first part of my comment you're referring to. I can tell you didn't actually read it and chose to pick 1 part of my entire comment to reply to. I'm sorry I didn't specify which parts of South County I was in when there were no Superchargers. I didn't imply that there aren't any, and my statement still stands. MUCH of south county does not have superchargers.
Two in Mission Viejo, one in the Mall area with 10 stalls the other on Crown Valley in the Kaleidoscope building lowest parking level, 8 stalls, both are V1.

It will be a nice balance to the EA chargers at Irvine Spectrum and at Target on Alicia . Both of those are much busier now than what they used to be. When they are not broken :/ Yeah.. My Tesla is tri.. I use Chad, CCS or SuperChargers. depending where I am and who's the busiest at the moment.