Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Forest, CA - Muirlands Blvd. (LIVE 27 Feb 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume they wanted a location off of Freeway exits like Lake Forest Dr/El Toro/Alicia but I am sure it is challenging to find a shopping center with enough parking spaces and/or a landlord who is willing to work with Tesla. This location is still not bad considering it will fill the huge gap between Irvine and shops at Mission Viejo. Per their map, more chargers are coming in Laguna Hills and Mission Viejo, so finally the South OC Tesla owners' patience is about to be paid off after a long wait.
The Mission Viejo ‘pending’ pointer on the Tesla SC network map has disappeared, again, second time in a year. Only the Lake Forest and Laguna Hills pointers remain. Need a large station in Laguna Hills too, with the latest OTA update the historic usage by time of day bars now show on the Tesla’s screen, stations are saturated in these parts for most of the day. I charge at home so not a problem for me but more stations definitely needed in south OC.

The Mission Viejo ‘pending’ pointer on the Tesla SC network map has disappeared, again, second time in a year. Only the Lake Forest and Laguna Hills pointers remain. Need a large station in Laguna Hills too, with the latest OTA update the historic usage by time of day bars now show on the Tesla’s screen, stations are saturated in these parts for most of the day. I charge at home so not a problem for me but more stations definitely needed in south OC.
The SC on Walnut is packed at all hours and yet 3 miles away the SC at the old airbase hangers is empty or low usage at the same time.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
The SC on Walnut is packed at all hours and yet 3 miles away the SC at the old airbase hangers is empty or low usage at the same time.
The Walnut SC is right at the freeway, so I think it's used by a lot of people who are traveling. The one in Tustin is more inland, but I've also waited for 45 mins at that one before. Sometimes it's packed and other times it's not. Just like the Culver one is a nightmare because it's so close to the freeway AND on a main road that many people use to go anywhere between Irvine and Newport.

Reactions: SteelClouds
Yeah.. I tried Culver ( I think it was Culver.. behind a market) once and said never again.. poor access and BUSY.. There are on the other hand , a few EA and a few EVgo chargers in the same general area that find to easy to get to and most time, no wait. That does mandate an CCS adapter.

Yeah.. I tried Culver ( I think it was Culver.. behind a market) once and said never again.. poor access and BUSY.. There are on the other hand , a few EA and a few EVgo chargers in the same general area that find to easy to get to and most time, no wait. That does mandate an CCS adapter.
Behind a market? Hmm...I think that might have been another location. The Culver location is in front of a restaurant and in the same center as CVS, Ralph's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Wendy's, etc. I wonder if you're thinking of the Walnut one. That one is close to the Culver one, ALWAYS busy because there are very few chargers, and in the back on the side of restaurants. You have to drive all the way to the back of the center. That's my least favorite one.

I know the EA charger up the street is pretty popular, but it only has like 4 chargers I believe. Right by Starbucks and Kohl's.

I know the EA charger up the street is pretty popular, but it only has like 4 chargers I believe. Right by Starbucks and Kohl's.
I know that one too and use it myself :). I was looking at the SCs and I think you are right.. it was Walnut.. At least the images on PlugShare look a lot like what I remember from that night.

Trenching started
6D31190D-34CD-49B4-8D76-5B533A6A7ED7.jpeg
8020039A-5E78-4B5A-84A8-109FA79A0900.jpeg

We are back at Albertsons again and some more progress to show. And is it me or are these stalls taller than most? They're almost as tall as me including the pad so about 6 ft tall. Are these V4s or is it my wishful thinking? Edit: Looks like my wishful thinking. The V4s specs I'm looking at has a different shape and they are 6'4" tall from the pad.

IMG20221230124314.jpg

IMG20221230124312.jpg

Last edited: