Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Navajo Rd. (LIVE 21 Nov 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gaswalla

Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery
Sep 23, 2012
San Diego
Supercharger sleuth @MarcoRP found the permit for a future supercharger in East County San Diego in the La Mesa / El Cajon / Lake Murray area near Grossmont College.
Looks like 12 V3 stalls in the Albertsons parking lot.
Glad to see some East County love. Need more off the 8 for the AZ - SD trips

Attachments

• AA93BD39-7C45-4980-A09F-49C8FFF007C8.jpeg
    AA93BD39-7C45-4980-A09F-49C8FFF007C8.jpeg
    772.3 KB · Views: 539
Reactions: Watts_Up
I'm working on adding this to supercharge.info but I'd like some clarification before I submit it. First, the address puts this at Albertsons but the GPS coordinates put it across the street at ALDI. Which location is correct? Second, Google Maps recognizes this as a San Diego address, so I'm thinking to add it as either San Diego - Lake Murray Blvd, CA or San Diego - Navajo Rd, CA depending on which supermarket is actually getting these Superchargers.

Reactions: gaswalla
Supercharger sleuth @MarcoRP found the permit for a future supercharger ...
Note: Just for clarification,
(but my post can be deleted or moved, if in violation of any TMC external web link rules, or if not relevant to this thread)

I read before in the supercharge.info / forum (but I could not find this information anymore)
that a new entry for Tesla Supercharger should provide the reference of the original first posting for credit.

The above posting contents an image but not the web link for it:

There is indeed a TMC link for @MarcoRP but the link is closed and shows "MarcoRP Banned · From Fremont"

I was just intrigued.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gaswalla
This will be the closest supercharger to me, just 5 miles away. However the other shopping plaza (corner of Navajo and Fletcher Pkwy) would’ve been a better choice, with more food options.

Still, very happy to see charging stations expanding to the East County region.

This will be the closest supercharger to me, just 5 miles away. However the other shopping plaza (corner of Navajo and Fletcher Pkwy) would’ve been a better choice, with more food options.

Still, very happy to see charging stations expanding to the East County region.
One location has a property owner willing to sign a lease for the chargers, the other site doesn't. I'm not sure it is a "choice" between the two...

My guess is that San Carlos Village has less traffic than the Fletcher Hills Town and Country Shopping Center, so the property owner was more cooperative.

Anyway, with V3 charging, full meal without interruption is not likely, but this place has Starbucks so it’s all good.

There today (Friday ~6pm); did not spot any fenced-off area or hint of possible stalls location. The plaza isn’t big and parking pretty packed on the eastern half. The big retail store west of Aldi is empty and thus the western half was quite empty. See attached pic. My guess is that area would be most logical, given its current state of under-utilization.

Attachments

• 5044AFD0-847A-4907-A39F-10EFBB2F20E2.jpeg
    5044AFD0-847A-4907-A39F-10EFBB2F20E2.jpeg
    819.2 KB · Views: 176
Hmm… Tesla’s website no longer lists this location. Deal off?
There are a couple maps I notice. But this one I found shows the permits and status, etc.... You can filter what you want to see on the map. It still shows Navajo as in process..... Click this link and look for the blue triangle. Then click on that.

Last edited:
There are a couple maps I notice. But this one I found shows the permits and status, etc.... You can filter what you want to see on the map. It still shows Navajo as in process..... Click this link and look for the blue triangle. Then click on that.

So just in case you weren't aware, supercharge.info compiles information crowd-sourced from a variety of places, oftentimes TMC. :cool:

It's a valuable resource for keeping track of superchargers that are live or in various stages of construction, but you have to be careful citing supercharge.info on TMC to avoid the possibility of citogenesis:

Citogenesis

Bruce.

• Funny
Reactions: corywright
Here's some additional photos I took this morning...Concrete pads have been poured, cabinets mounted, dispensers mounted, conduit on-site and ready to be installed...

Attachments

• SuperchargerSanCarlos01.jpg
    SuperchargerSanCarlos01.jpg
    827.3 KB · Views: 72
  • SuperchargerSanCarlos02.jpg
    SuperchargerSanCarlos02.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 78
  • SuperchargerSanCarlos03.jpg
    SuperchargerSanCarlos03.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 68
  • SuperchargerSanCarlos04.jpg
    SuperchargerSanCarlos04.jpg