Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lakehead, CA (speculation, unconfirmed reports of construction)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I was talking with a (non-Tesla) friend this weekend who told me there is a supercharger under construction in Lakehead California. Husband and Wife both swear to me they saw the "tall red and white chargers that say Tesla on them" being installed in a parking lot just off I-5 in Lakehead.

There are only 2 exits in Lakehead and they said it was right off the exit, shouldn't take long to confirm or deny. Anyone local or passing through on I-5 able to go check it out and if true, take pictures?

ACAB4677-677E-4E81-AE41-63712926F28B.jpeg

I drove through these areas...didn‘t see anything

Hi all,

I was talking with a (non-Tesla) friend this weekend who told me there is a supercharger under construction in Lakehead California. Husband and Wife both swear to me they saw the "tall red and white chargers that say Tesla on them" being installed in a parking lot just off I-5 in Lakehead.

There are only 2 exits in Lakehead and they said it was right off the exit, shouldn't take long to confirm or deny. Anyone local or passing through on I-5 able to go check it out and if true, take pictures?
Nothing on the map. And Shasta County Etrakit data stops in 2018. Have them take a picture. Or describe where in relation to the exit they took. The Basshole has 2 DC fast chargers. One CCS one chademo. Wonder if they could have talked Tesla into them privately funding a single V2 cabinet with 2 stalls.

I scouted both exits tonight and saw nothing whatsoever. I also don't think this area makes any sense at all for a supercharger. The best case scenario would be to have it at one of the gas stations, one of which offers a Subway. With a permit spotted for Redding, it doesn't really make sense either.

I guess the one place I didn't look was the nearby rest area, but that doesn't make a ton of sense either as I don't think it's easily accessible from the northbound lanes and all it offers is bathrooms and vending machines.