Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lakeland, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there is movement finally

upload_2020-7-22_9-46-53.png

Wonder how long it will take from this point?
Hi Levi,

I want to thank you for the photos that you sent me.

In order to get a better idea of how long it will take we will need some additional photos showing whether the utility transformer and meter have been installed.

Lakeland Supercharger 12s.jpg

In zooming the previous photo provided, the green object on the right may be the utility transformer, but it looks too small to power a 2 MW installation.
The meter cabinet where the utility installs the meter should be mounted somewhere on the left in this photo near the main switchgear.
We may be seeing the back of the meter cabinet which may be the grey box on the extreme left. If that is the meter cabinet, the meter would fit into it on the other side.

So, if one big transformer or maybe two medium-sized utility transformers are on site and if the meter is installed in the meter cabinet, then we should be only a few days away from going operational.

Larry

Last edited:
Hi Levi,

I want to thank you for the photos that you sent me.

In order to get a better idea of how long it will take we will need some additional photos showing whether the utility transformer and meter have been installed.

View attachment 571674

In zooming the previous photo provided, the green object on the right may be the utility transformer, but it looks too small to power a 2 MW installation.
The meter cabinet where the utility installs the meter should be mounted somewhere on the left in this photo near the main switchgear.
We may be seeing the back of the meter cabinet which may be the grey box on the extreme left. If that is the meter cabinet, the meter would fit into it on the other side.

So, if one big transformer or maybe two medium-sized utility transformers are on site and if the meter is installed in the meter cabinet, then we should be only a few days away from going operational.

Larry

You’re welcome.

I will swing over to the supercharger, try and get a few more pictures with hopefully what you’re looking for in it

Ok, so looking more closely at the picture collection I am wondering if this empty pad is actually for a third V3 Supercharger cabinet.
It has a lot more conduits than I am used to seeing for a transformer or is the difference just for the V3s?

Ok, so looking more closely at the picture collection I am wondering if this empty pad is actually for a third V3 Supercharger cabinet.
It has a lot more conduits than I am used to seeing for a transformer or is the difference just for the V3s?
No. It's for the transformer, which probably hasn't arrived yet

• Informative
Reactions: jrreno
Hi Jim,

No, as Marco points out it is a utility transformer pad. The math doesn't work for three V3 Supercharger cabinets. You would need 12 charging spaces. It is likely that the existing transformer will power one V3 Supercharger cabinet and a second, yet to be installed transformer, will power the second V3 Supercharger cabinet.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: jrreno
Hi Jim,

No, as Marco points out it is a utility transformer pad. The math doesn't work for three V3 Supercharger cabinets. You would need 12 charging spaces. It is likely that the existing transformer will power one V3 Supercharger cabinet and a second, yet to be installed transformer, will power the second V3 Supercharger cabinet.

Larry
So I see 4 large conduits, 4 smaller conduits and one very small conduit. Any idea what cables would be in each?