Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lamar, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4-18-22 disappointing update pics nothing new to report

Attachments

• 53D2BEC7-9BCC-4F2E-9590-088C2909171D.jpeg
    53D2BEC7-9BCC-4F2E-9590-088C2909171D.jpeg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 2C554DD2-036D-47A9-81DF-6A2DAA0A1D1D.jpeg
    2C554DD2-036D-47A9-81DF-6A2DAA0A1D1D.jpeg
    778.1 KB · Views: 174
Under construction?

Local news report:
"Lamar Mayor, Kirk Crespin, briefed the Lamar Chamber of Commerce board that ground-breaking preparations for eight Tesla super charging stations will begin as of April 25th with completion expected to be done prior to Lamar Days activities at the chamber parking lot before May 20th"

Under construction?

Local news report:
"Lamar Mayor, Kirk Crespin, briefed the Lamar Chamber of Commerce board that ground-breaking preparations for eight Tesla super charging stations will begin as of April 25th with completion expected to be done prior to Lamar Days activities at the chamber parking lot before May 20th"

The city council took the initiative in discussions for this location as the Tesla group wanted to option the parking lot in the rear of McDonalds. “We argued the best option for all concerned would be to bring them downtown, within walking distance of our stores and restaurants. There, they could learn more about what Lamar had to offer during their stay in town.”

And that is how small towns should be thinking of charging.
the McDonalds would probably have been good for basic amenities as Google Maps indicates that it's open until 11pm.
However, there's a "nightclub" close to the charging location that's open until 2am.
And, Google Maps suggests that while the fastest route across is to avoid downtown, if diverting to McDonalds, downtown is a faster route.

Last edited:
And that is how small towns should be thinking of charging.
the McDonalds would probably have been good for basic amenities as Google Maps indicates that it's open until 11pm.
However, there's a "nightclub" close to the charging location that's open until 2am.
And, Google Maps suggests that while the fastest route across is to avoid downtown, if diverting to McDonalds, downtown is a faster route.
I've been to that nightclub.. problem is I was in no shape to drive after leaving lol.. was staying near the level 2 charger there anyway

Nice pics. I'm here right now so I just missed you.
Yes, by thirty minutes or less! I did a 99% charge and didn't make it to my campground in Lathrop State Park, near Walsenburg, until after midnight. I was wondering if anyone from Custer was going to head here.

Eastbound Amtrak train came through and did a slow and go while I was waiting.

I need a full charge at my campground so that I can make a side trip to Great Sand Dunes National Park on my way home, via Poncha Springs.

Lamar was pretty much shut down on a Sunday evening so I was pleased to see the portable toilets at the Train/Welcome Station. Also has free WiFi that reaches the Supercharger stalls.