Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lanaʻi City, Lanaʻi (4 superchargers; 36 wall connectors)

May 13, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Interesting, Tesla has updated their SC page and this one isn't listed, but 2 others are:
hi.JPG

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

XHabjab

Helping to end the ICE Age
Feb 25, 2018
Georgetown TX
Probably will be, but I don’t think Larry would mind if the locals or any visitors used his charging stations :cool:
Larry owns most of the island, and there are only a few locals, most working for him. There is minimal visitor support, such as hotels, restaurants, car rentals and touristy sites. Larry owns all the hotels for example. It wouldn't surprise me if all car rentals (besides 4x4 Jeeps etc.) are EVs real soon.

Lanai might be the first "almost" all-EV location in the world. Lots of chargers and charging locations will be part of that.

Reactions: PStewart

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Larry owns most of the island, and there are only a few locals, most working for him. There is minimal visitor support, such as hotels, restaurants, car rentals and touristy sites. Larry owns all the hotels for example. It wouldn't surprise me if all car rentals (besides 4x4 Jeeps etc.) are EVs real soon.

Lanai might be the first "almost" all-EV location in the world. Lots of chargers and charging locations will be part of that.
Don't forget to add, makes absolutely no difference to 99.99999% of the people on earth or even US of A, unless you are one of those of the 1% that can go and stay at his $1,000+ per night Four Seasons. For all intents and purposes, Lanai might as well not be getting a Supercharger as it applies to the rest of us in Hawaii. Take no offense Larry, you can do whatever you wish.

• Informative
Reactions: jsight

mcspresso

Feb 28, 2021
Wahiawa
Knowing the island well, can’t see a resident buying a Tesla.....even if the energy was manuahi. One really needs a 4x4 to really get around and really see things.....unless driving from Manele to town or airport is your idea of seeing the island.

Reactions: Akikiki

TerranApart

Apr 19, 2018
USA
Some more permit activity, another passed inspection on June 2nd. I'll try not to post too many frequent updates here since this is a niche charging location. But it's nice to see more updates after a few months of quiet.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC