Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lanaʻi City, Lanaʻi, HI (4 stalls + 36 wall connectors)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, Tesla has updated their SC page and this one isn't listed, but 2 others are:
hi.JPG

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Probably will be, but I don’t think Larry would mind if the locals or any visitors used his charging stations :cool:
Larry owns most of the island, and there are only a few locals, most working for him. There is minimal visitor support, such as hotels, restaurants, car rentals and touristy sites. Larry owns all the hotels for example. It wouldn't surprise me if all car rentals (besides 4x4 Jeeps etc.) are EVs real soon.

Lanai might be the first "almost" all-EV location in the world. Lots of chargers and charging locations will be part of that.

Reactions: PStewart
Larry owns most of the island, and there are only a few locals, most working for him. There is minimal visitor support, such as hotels, restaurants, car rentals and touristy sites. Larry owns all the hotels for example. It wouldn't surprise me if all car rentals (besides 4x4 Jeeps etc.) are EVs real soon.

Lanai might be the first "almost" all-EV location in the world. Lots of chargers and charging locations will be part of that.
Don't forget to add, makes absolutely no difference to 99.99999% of the people on earth or even US of A, unless you are one of those of the 1% that can go and stay at his $1,000+ per night Four Seasons. For all intents and purposes, Lanai might as well not be getting a Supercharger as it applies to the rest of us in Hawaii. Take no offense Larry, you can do whatever you wish.

• Informative
Reactions: jsight
Knowing the island well, can’t see a resident buying a Tesla.....even if the energy was manuahi. One really needs a 4x4 to really get around and really see things.....unless driving from Manele to town or airport is your idea of seeing the island.

Reactions: Akikiki
Reactions: PStewart
Well, I hope this is not the location that was in the permit originally. I've been to the chargers a couple of times now. During business hours, the Pearlridge parking for regular cars is frequently full. So when the 6 chargers are in use, there's no place for "Teslas waiting" to sit. Don't misunderstand, we are pleased/grateful to have these, but the site for the 12 was more open and of course twice the chargers. These chargers have been very busy already and open only 2 weeks. Bottom line: I hope this is an unexpected extra that was installed before the original first 12. We could surely use them all.

Now someone is going to jump on my case about wrong location. Pearlridge is central Oahu and a big help to all that travel. But its not the most convenient to those folks that live in town, agreed. We can be hopeful that more locations are coming. Let's just open the new year with some thanks that we have these and let's be patient.

Reactions: Polly Wog