Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Land O’ Lakes, FL (Formerly Wesley Chapel)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to that area tonight for some grub, going to swing by the Hampton Inn & Suites to find/take pics. Should update by Monday the 1st.

Moderator Note:
Initially, Tesla had a Wesley Chapel "Coming Soon" Supercharger listed on their Find Us page. They since applied for a permit in Land O Lakes and have changed the Find Us designation to Land O Lakes. Threads labeled Wesley Chapel are being merged into this Land O Lakes thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Seven7
Went to the hotel where tesla's "temp" pin is dropped and there's no construction of any kind. Right next door is a huge ice skating facility (5 rinks) that was just built. Doesn't seem like a good fit for a super charger since almost no amenities are within a half mile walking distance.

However, if the temp pin is vague, across 75 are the Tampa Premium Outlets, with Starbucks, fast food, sit down restaurants, shopping and a Costco, all within walking distance. this would be a far superior choice to place a super charger.

The temp pins are simply temp pins.

Wesley Chapel is a great location for many reasons and there are many possible locations that could be used. Wiregrass mall, Premium Outlets, the Wawa station across from Wiregrass, or the Wawa yet to be built at the intersection of Bruce B Downs and SR54. My money would be on the Wawa yet to be built, but at this point that is just wild speculation.

94DE3C2F-D7B5-4AF0-89E6-4B1A9259E2AD.jpeg C6CA4EBF-C7B9-4619-8040-B25940DDAE09.jpeg

New WaWa across from Costco in Wesley Chapel, not clear if new Tesla SC will be here or not?

Attachments

• E46614D3-A92C-4A20-9443-8F5C0EF905D3.jpeg
    E46614D3-A92C-4A20-9443-8F5C0EF905D3.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 94
  • F9D25F11-C5AA-4F49-AEF5-B3BB736D2609.jpeg
    F9D25F11-C5AA-4F49-AEF5-B3BB736D2609.jpeg
    743.6 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: Larry Chanin
New WaWa across from Costco in Wesley Chapel, not clear if new Tesla SC will be here or not?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the photos.

Wawas are good candidates for Superchargers, and this is a good candidate for the Wesley Chapel Supercharger, but as you point out it's difficult to say from your photos whether one will be here.

It seems to me that the transformer might be a bit small for a typical Supercharger Station.

Also, the last thing to be installed at a Supercharger Station is the meter. Here we have the meter already installed even before any signs of Tesla equipment being installed. If the meter is for the Supercharger installation, there will be another utility transformer installed nearby it. So keep an eye out for additional conduits being installed nearby where they may set a transformer.

Larry

I need it to be operational soon. I will be renting In the area for work purposes. They are not letting me install a charger or the 240 v in the garage, For now I am planning to connect it to the dryer outlet. I will be traveling to work about 33 miles and then going back to Orlando( home) on my days off.

Reactions: PStewart
Until you realize that an hour of your time is not worth $10 :D
:D Not exactly $10 but you have a point. It happens to be near a large new shopping center (outlet mall, restaurants, Costco, etc..) where one can easily burn the time it takes for a full charge.

Just checked and can confirm that the permit was issued today 12/29/2020. Look forward to seeing it operational. Hopefully it will provide ultra fast V3 250 kW charging

upload_2020-12-29_19-49-0.png

:D Not exactly $10 but you have a point. It happens to be near a large new shopping center (outlet mall, restaurants, Costco, etc..) where one can easily burn the time it takes for a full charge.
View attachment 622241

so you’ll spend much more than $10 :D. “Free” Superchargers in a mall are not at all free ;) Ask my wife.
“Hon, I’m going to charge the car at Outlet Malls”.
Riiiiiiight.....

• Funny
Reactions: mikes_fsd