Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lansing, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Joel

Mar 24, 2011
Michigan
Lansing, MI

Interstates: I-69, I-96*
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-127**

I-69:

To: Port Huron, MI - 118 miles
Diversion: 2.1 miles
To: End (Port Huron, MI Canada border) - 118 miles

I-96:
To: End (I-75 in Detroit, MI) - 91.2 miles
Diversion: 3.7 miles

Will complete the short I-96, and splits Marshall, MI to Port Huron, MI on I-69. Also the first on US-127.

* It's quite a long way from I-96, but the I-69, US-127 diversion to get to the Lansing, MI Supercharger doesn't work out to be that long.
** First Supercharger on US-127

Funny there is a HPWC, in the parking garage by the Hyatt Place Hotel, that we use everytime we visit son at MSU. So nice and convient for us. Thought it was going to be in one of the Meijer in the area. This is a nice location, nice mall with stuff to do and good amount of restaurants.

2505 Showtime Drive
The Heights at Eastwood Town Center
Lansing, Michigan 48912

Permit Approved in April, it should be under construction now:

https://lansingtwpmi.documents-on-demand.com/Document/4207bcde-a43c-e711-80be-001fbc00ed85/Planning Commission Minutes April 19, 2017.pdf

"Approved an administrative site plan for a Tesla supercharger station that will be located at the Heights at Eastwood. Tesla manufactures electric vehicles that require charging"
That is a nice location! Nearby Mitchell's Fish is a great restaurant too.

I'm in agreement that this is a great location. Easy access from the expressway, food, lodging, and stores nearby.

IMG_0001.JPG

Or, catch a movie.

IMG_0002.JPG

And a backup HPWC open to the public next door in the parking ramp if the chargers are out of order or filled up.

IMG_0003.JPG

"Out of order" ?

Oh, the horror. :D

Thanks for the update and pix!

Or even a disaster! :eek:

But fortunately those are Very Rare. Been driving a Model S for 4 years and only had to wait 5 minutes once for an open slot. Great to see the construction pace building prior to the model 3 release. Saw my first model 3 (Pre production) charging last week in Ann Arbor! It was blue, looked great, and had a 72 on its side.

20170622_preproModel3_1.png 20170622_preproModel3_2.png 20170622_preproModel3_3.png 20170622_preproModel3_4.png 20170622_preproModel3_5.png

Or even a disaster! :eek:

But fortunately those are Very Rare. Been driving a Model S for 4 years and only had to wait 5 minutes once for an open slot. Great to see the construction pace building prior to the model 3 release. Saw my first model 3 (Pre production) charging last week in Ann Arbor! It was blue, looked great, and had a 72 on its side.

View attachment 234087 View attachment 234088 View attachment 234089 View attachment 234090 View attachment 234091

Very cool!

2505 Showtime Drive
The Heights at Eastwood Town Center
Lansing, Michigan 48912

Permit Approved in April, it should be under construction now:

https://lansingtwpmi.documents-on-demand.com/Document/4207bcde-a43c-e711-80be-001fbc00ed85/Planning Commission Minutes April 19, 2017.pdf

"Approved an administrative site plan for a Tesla supercharger station that will be located at the Heights at Eastwood. Tesla manufactures electric vehicles that require charging"
This is such great news! A pity that I will soon move to Macomb, but it is fantastic anyway. Thank you for reporting the permit :)

My wife and I visited the Lansing area last May for the Odyssey of the Mind world competition to cheer on our grandson. I actually charged at the HPWC in the same area and agree that this is a great spot for a SC! Other options for charging in the area seemed rather sparse.

Stayed at the Hyatt Place right across the street Wednesday through Friday last week. Little activity at the location. There was a truck loaded with what looked like the conduit that comes up from the ground into the chargers. When we left early Friday there was one man starting to clear debris from location. Maybe other workers were arriving soon.

Was travelling back from Grand Rapids today and decided to swing by and see how things were progressing. Looks like this will be a good location with some nearby shops and restaurants. Whoever is planning on living in the apartments (last photo) might want to consider getting themselves a Tesla as well...

View attachment 239340

View attachment 239341

View attachment 239343

View attachment 239344View attachment 239340 View attachment 239341 View attachment 239343 View attachment 239344
Yes, I think this is a great location. There are some good restaurants and a Hyatt Hotel in this shopping center.