Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lansing, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI - Tesla this event is what made a consumer purchase a vehicle yesterday ;)

Thanks for the updates on this location. This has been the reason I've held off buying a Tesla for couple years due to my travel patterns visiting customers around the Mid-West. From GR paths to IL, IN, and OH is well covered as locals know, but the East/West I96/I69 was lacking severly for my travels to the East side.

Awesome location! NCG Cinema, numerous food spots, shopping (Apple Store!), lodging, my home... all nearby.

This was the progress at the end of day yesterday. Today, the 5 Superchargers (white boxes) are already in place and they're pouring concrete into the wooden molds you can see in my pics as we speak!

DJI_0082.jpg
DJI_0085.jpg

Cant wait for this to be completed. I work in Lansing and commute 172 mile every day this will help.
172 miles EVERY DAY? I thought my 25-35k a year of driving was bad, you must hit 40-45K a year. What battery do you have, and how has the KW/miles average been overall with different driving patterns (i.e. faster, slower, colder, warmer, etc.) to your range?

Thanks TY for the drone pictures :)

Awesome location! NCG Cinema, numerous food spots, shopping (Apple Store!), lodging, my home... all nearby.

Is it good that there's a movie theater right there? I can easily imagine people plugging in and going to see a 2 hour movie. Sure, they'll be hit with expensive idle fees, but that doesn't change the fact that they're blocking spaces that other people might need.

Is it good that there's a movie theater right there? I can easily imagine people plugging in and going to see a 2 hour movie. Sure, they'll be hit with expensive idle fees, but that doesn't change the fact that they're blocking spaces that other people might need.
Hard to say really until we see how it's used when it's open. I talked to the guys working on it yesterday and there's going to be 10 charging stations here, 5 of which are Superchargers. There's also more free charging (and covered for inclement weather situations) in the parking structure just a few feet away. I'd hope moviegoers wouldn't take up a Supercharge spot, but we'll see.

Hard to say really until we see how it's used when it's open. I talked to the guys working on it yesterday and there's going to be 10 charging stations here, 5 of which are Superchargers. There's also more free charging (and covered for inclement weather situations) in the parking structure just a few feet away. I'd hope moviegoers wouldn't take up a Supercharge spot, but we'll see.
Based on the pics, there will be 10 supercharging stalls. He probably meant that there will be 5 cabinets which is standard as 2 stalls share 1 cabinet.

Have a tire question to the group - iBeing most of us are Michiganders on this thread and we all love our roads ;) and assuming most of you have driving here for 1-2-3-4 years with your S vehicles. In years past I typically have 19" 225 to 245s on most of my past cars and try to go down to 17 or 18 for snow tire setup. I just ordered a CPO 85 that is setup for the staggered 21"s and seriously looking at a 2nd set of 19"s and ditching the 21s. I understand with insane mode probably a bit more slipping off the line, but honestly how much do I need to try to burn off tires 0-30 but a few times and return back to normal driving.

My question to the group who might have 21s - you happy with them driving on our roads (mostly highway for me), OR too many potholes blowing tires / scratching the 21" rims due to low profile and you also went down in size?

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Have a tire question to the group - iBeing most of us are Michiganders on this thread and we all love our roads ;) and assuming most of you have driving here for 1-2-3-4 years with your S vehicles. In years past I typically have 19" 225 to 245s on most of my past cars and try to go down to 17 or 18 for snow tire setup. I just ordered a CPO 85 that is setup for the staggered 21"s and seriously looking at a 2nd set of 19"s and ditching the 21s. I understand with insane mode probably a bit more slipping off the line, but honestly how much do I need to try to burn off tires 0-30 but a few times and return back to normal driving.

My question to the group who might have 21s - you happy with them driving on our roads (mostly highway for me), OR too many potholes blowing tires / scratching the 21" rims due to low profile and you also went down in size?

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Congrats on the order! With our roads, I would avoid 21s like the plague. I ordered a set of 19" TSportline TSTs in Matte Black to use in the summer, and use my stock 19s with winter tires. The TSTs have OEM fitment/accept OEM tires, look great, and maintain the excellent stock-19" ride quality over our pathetic pothole-filled streets. If you're interested in a set, feel free to use my referral link/code for $100 off: T Sportline - Tesla Model S, X & 3 Aftermarket Accessories . Since this is off-topic, feel free to PM me for more info!

IMG_7311.JPG

IMG_7277.JPG

Yes, totally off-topic, but I have to say that I love the look of those wheels. They're as nice as the OEM wheels, if not better.

And still off-topic, but relevant, on Sunday I drove over a Michigan-hole at 50 mph with my stock 19" wheels and damaged a tire -- a tire with plenty of tread and at least 8,000 miles left on it. (Yesterday I learned of the severity when the tire violently blew out on I-96.) So even the 19" wheels/tires are not always up to the task of traversing Michigan's war torn roadways.

I can't help but wonder how fully autonomous vehicles will avoid potholes that are difficult for even humans with stereoscopic vision and intuition to avoid.

I should mention that the OEM Michelin tires are run-flats, meaning you can drive up to 50 miles at a low speed on completely flat tires without damaging the rims. I did not realize this and paid $300 for a tow after waiting two hours for the truck to arrive. Lesson learned!

I doubt it will be ready by next week. It may take a couple of weeks to commission the charger once it is built. There is a HPWC on the second floor of the parking deck next to the Hyatt hotel that is capable of providing up to 55Miles of range per charging hour. I often stop there and have lunch or dinner to pick up a few miles. Keep an eye on this board for user updates. I will be stopping by a week from friday and try to provide a SC update then.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: GSP