Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lansing, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice photo. The site has been cleaned up quite a bit since my visit last week. I didn't see a transformer in your photo.
Thanks Jim! They've got the transformers inside that wall structure. This pic from August 11 shows that a little better. Big electrical trucks were there today... Rain seemed to slow progress down though.

Attachments

• DJI_0106.jpg
    DJI_0106.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 125
Thanks Jim! They've got the transformers inside that wall structure. This pic from August 11 shows that a little better. Big electrical trucks were there today... Rain seemed to slow progress down though.
Unfortunately, these wall structures only contain the Supercharger cabinets (white boxes) and electrical switchgear (gray boxes). The transformer will be installed nearby, probably where those dark PVC pipes on the right are coming out of the ground...

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP and tomsModelS
Unfortunately, these wall structures only contain the Supercharger cabinets (white boxes) and electrical switchgear (gray boxes). The transformer will be installed nearby, probably where those dark PVC pipes on the right are coming out of the ground...
Oh, then I can see that they are installing that today, exactly where you suggested.

Took stuff up to my son to move into his house for school (MSU) and stayed at the Hyatt. One thing I noticed while looking around is that from the transformer to the other large green box in the upper left hand corner there is a number of very thick electrical cables that will need to be buried. At least a couple hundred yards of trenching. The other green box is in the upper left and has some orange temporary fencing right by it. In the top picture it also has the large white electric company by it.

Reactions: tyknows