Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laramie, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see anything in that pic that indicates progress since my visit a week ago. FWIW, the transformer was not in place when I was there. Just a pad with some pipes coming out of it and no transformer, just like in MitchMitch's pic from a week and a half ago.

I took some pics but it was dark out and everything looked the same as MitchMitch's photos so I didn't bother posting them.

I didn't want to start a new thread to get people falsely excited, so I'll post this here...

About a week ago, I did a drive through Casper and scouted the usual suspects, Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn, but I didn't see any sign of supercharger construction. I didn't have the time or range for a more detailed scouting trip since I was trying to make Lusk->Casper->Sheridan on a single charge.

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingRockies
Laramie, WY

Interstates: I-80
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi): US-30, US-287

I-80
To: Cheyenne, WY - 56.1 miles
Diversion: 1.7 miles
To: Sidney, NE - 153 miles

To: Gillette, WY (US-287,WY-34,I-25,WY-59,I-90,WY-50,I-90BL): 253 miles
To: Lusk, WY (US-287,US-26,WY-270,US-20): 154 miles
To: Cheyenne, WY (I-80,I-25,I-25BL,WY-219) 56.0 miles
To: Loveland, CO (I-80,US-287,u,I-25): 84.0 miles
To: Silverthorne, CO (WY-230,CO-127,CO-125,CO-14,US-40,CO-9): 162 miles
To: Glenwood Springs, CO (WY-230,CO-127,CO-125,US-40,CO-9,u,CO-131,US-6,I-70, CO-82): 211 miles
To: Rawlins, WY (I-80): 96.0 miles
To: Sheridan, WY (US-287,WY-487,WY-220,US-20BYP,I-25,US-87,I-90): 296 miles

Number 4 of 4.

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
IMG_7813.JPG
IMG_7814.JPG
IMG_7815.JPG
IMG_7816.JPG
IMG_7817.JPG
Well I finally got a chance to drive up and see the progress. Construction looks done and cleaned up. They just need electricity. Here's some pictures.

Also, it looks like Rawlins will come online before Laramie, so that is the one you are really waiting for (assuming you take the I-80 route). Rawlins to Denver bypassing Cheyenne is 230 miles which would be tough in some Tesla models, but Cheyenne is only a slight diversion and Rawlins to Cheyenne to Denver should be doable in any model this time of year.

Also, it looks like Rawlins will come online before Laramie, so that is the one you are really waiting for (assuming you take the I-80 route). Rawlins to Denver bypassing Cheyenne is 230 miles which would be tough in some Tesla models, but Cheyenne is only a slight diversion and Rawlins to Cheyenne to Denver should be doable in any model this time of year.

Don't forget Loveland, you can bypass Cheyenne in Laramie and charge in Loveland before Denver. Saves you about 20 miles.

Last edited:
Yeah but, 230 is really stretching it with my MX depending on weather, weight and elevation changes. While you can certainly pick up some miles going from Laramie down to Loveland, it still is marginal. I-70 is an alternative, as suggested, but I hate driving I-70, so will probably wait until Laramie is cleared. Thanks to DC Doc we should have another view of that SC this week. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
Yeah but, 230 is really stretching it with my MX depending on weather, weight and elevation changes. While you can certainly pick up some miles going from Laramie down to Loveland, it still is marginal. I-70 is an alternative, as suggested, but I hate driving I-70, so will probably wait until Laramie is cleared. Thanks to DC Doc we should have another view of that SC this week. Thanks for the info.
Rock Springs to Laramie = 208 miles
Rawlins to Loveland = 177 miles

And there is also an option to detour to the Cheyenne supercharger if you feel that 177 miles is too far. So I maintain that the Rawlins supercharger is more important for your trip than the one in Laramie!